Let's See Your First Fondant Cake!

Decorating By fooby Updated 17 Jun 2007 , 8:53pm by loveqm

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 5:50pm
post #31 of 34

How fun! Everyone's cakes look great! My first fondant covered was ok but I hate those creases in bottom of the fondant! icon_redface.gif It was for someone's sweet sixteen and I didn't charge a lot. The girl was happy so I was, too. I think they've gotten a little better icon_razz.gif
LL

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 6:34pm
post #32 of 34

this is my first one from my wilton class last thursday. i was thrilled, it was so easy for me... i was so proud of it. icon_smile.gif

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 8:43pm
post #33 of 34

This isn't technically my first fondant cake, since I did one in my Wilton Class. It is the first one that I made using MMF because I can't stand the taste Wilton's. I found that working with the Wilton's Fondant was easier and great for learning. But the real test came when I made my own. I like the MMF taste way better and would use it, but it's time consuming to make ... so I might have to try Fondx or Satin Ice next time. I wasn't all the pleased with how it turned out (I am always my worst critic!), but everyone loved it and only a couple said they didn't care for the taste of the MMF.
LL

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 8:53pm
post #34 of 34

This was my very first cake w/ wilton's fondant and my last w/ with. I was a week away from giving birth to my first child when I made this. I was so tired and my feet were soo swollen, I don't know why I didn't sit down. It was also my first time w/ fondant roses so they don't look real nice but sure did take a long time to do.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%