Stores In British Columbia

Decorating By samantha1222 Updated 15 Dec 2010 , 4:17am by kettlevalleygirl

samantha1222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha1222 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:23am
post #1 of 12

anybody know of any cake decorating supplies in the vancouver area? or even canadian companies that i can order supplies from on the internet.
where i live i only know of 1 store that sells some supplies i'll be needing, but they don't sell it all.

11 replies
idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:36am
post #2 of 12

Hi

Send a private message to Cakes on Demand, her name is Sharon and here's her website.You can look up her name here on CC in the members list then send her a PM.

http://www.cakesondemand.com/

She's been very helpful to me.
I live in Maple Ridge and have the same problem.
HTH

danilis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danilis Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:49am
post #3 of 12

The Okanagan is practically a cake free zone for supplies. Michaels in Kelowna is about it. Navy blue colour is impossible to find. I was hoping to pick up some supplies when I was in Vancouver next. Doesn't sound like I'll have much success.

samantha1222 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:16am
post #4 of 12

danilis:

Quote:
Quote:

The Okanagan is practically a cake free zone for supplies. Michaels in Kelowna is about it. Navy blue colour is impossible to find. I was hoping to pick up some supplies when I was in Vancouver next. Doesn't sound like I'll have much success.

I'm almost certain that the Michaels store in Abbotsford had some. I'm on my way there tomorrow morning (only store around here also) if you'd like I can check when i'm there and let you know.

samantha1222 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:17am
post #5 of 12

idoweddingcookies:

thank you very much. i will contact her tomorrow. where abouts do you get your stuff from then?

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:28am
post #6 of 12

I've been going down to Bellingham and Seattle, as well as buying alot from online. I go to Scoop and Save in Langely, was there today actually.

I just got my GST tax#, so now I can buy from wholesalers...

Are you a licensed bakery?

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:39am
post #7 of 12

If your licienced you can buy from Nicholsons equipment in Burnaby they carry deco Pac and lots of other stuff.

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 11:55am
post #8 of 12

Not in BC, but Canadian suppliers are Wandas Kitchen, Creative Cutters and McCalls.Would save on postage when ordering from the U.S. Check out their websites. Also, the Canadian version of Cake Central, CakesCanada.com always has info and maybe a fellow BCer will have this info for you.

icon_smile.gif "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

samantha1222 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:03pm
post #9 of 12

no i'm not a bakery; i'm barely a baker icon_lol.gif

i'll try scoop and save and the others that you mentioned online. that's what i was thinking i would have to do (buy online).

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:41am
post #11 of 12

Idoweddingcakes: Where do you shop in Bellingham? The only place I have seen is Micheal's.

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:17am
post #12 of 12

www.phatcatcakes.com

in Penticton, BC
don't have an online store yet, just phone for orders.

250-492-4920

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%