Ace Of Cakes!

Decorating By redsoxgirl Updated 3 Aug 2006 , 5:17pm by prettycake

redsoxgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redsoxgirl Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 1:13am
post #1 of 31

Premiers August 17 at 10:30 EST. Just thought I'd share. VERY EXCITING!

30 replies
spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 1:17am
post #2 of 31

Thanks...looking forward to it!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 1:17am
post #3 of 31

I AM SOOOOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 1:17am
post #4 of 31

On which network?

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 1:25am
post #5 of 31

It will be on food network and it looks like a really neat show.

redsoxgirl Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 2:11am
post #6 of 31

it's on the food network. looks like a lot of fun!

redsoxgirl Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 31

so i just set this up in my TiVo and it is listed as "Cake It To The Limit" and Not "Ace Of Cakes". Strange!

redsoxgirl Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 31

i guess i'm talking to myself here icon_rolleyes.gif oh well

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 12:23am
post #9 of 31

I'm looking forward to seeing the show!!!!!

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 12:30am
post #10 of 31

I'll watch it because it's all about cakes, not that I'm fond of
Duff. You notice the cake he blows up ? Look like a grocery store cake..
Does that tell us something ?

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 12:31am
post #11 of 31

I think he is blowing up the normal cake to make a statement that he isn't going to be making the "typical" cake. If you look at his website he has cool cakes, not just the norm.

cakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedeco Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 12:42am
post #12 of 31

what is Duff's website.

freddyfl Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 12:46am
post #13 of 31

I believe it is www.charmcitycakes.com but don't quote me on that. I know the name of his business is charm city cakes, so if the link doesn't work you could google it.

klkhoneycutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klkhoneycutt Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 12:55am
post #14 of 31

I luve Duff's cakes he is so unique and i think that is one trademark you need to be an awesome cake decorater!!!!
Lisa

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 12:55am
post #15 of 31

The Food Network promos call it Ace of Cakes, premiering Thursday 8/17 @ 9:30PM CDT

redsoxgirl Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 1:07am
post #16 of 31

just an FYI (i know i mentioned it already) but even though food network calls it Ace of Cakes, for some strange reason MY tivo calls it Cake It To The Limit. So if you are having trouble finding it this may be why.

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 1:14am
post #17 of 31

Am I the only one who is not impressed with this character? I find him and his cakes annoying. Actually, I'm finding most of the "celebrity" chefs on the FN to be boring these days. All the shows look alike. There are just two or three shows I find watchable these days on the FN. Too bad, it used to be such a good station.

freddyfl Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 1:21am
post #18 of 31

yes, you are the only one who finds him annoying and the food network boring. icon_biggrin.gif just kidding couldn't resist. I love the food network, but you are always going to find those who disagree. I have to say the cake decorator on the shows they have that annoys me is the cake diva. Her cakes never are up to par in the competitions, in my opinion. Her cakes that she sells are gorgeous though. I guess she just doesn't do well under pressure.

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 1:24am
post #19 of 31

lol freddy icon_smile.gif
I am from Hoboken, which happens to be where the Cake Diva is from. When I had my business, a lot of people came to me because her cakes were so outrageously priced. The cakes on her site are nice...I just wonder how much "help" she gets. On the FN challenges her cakes are always horrible!

kisha311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisha311 Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 1:30am
post #20 of 31

freddyfl-I totally agree about the Cake Diva. I actually saw one of her cakes up close and personal at a party, and I was disappointed. I know that she has frequent interns fron the various pastryy programs around NYC. Her dummy cakes are nice, but she always has issues with her cakes in the show.

dessertprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessertprincess Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 1:39am
post #21 of 31

i must say that i can not wait for this show, ace of cakes, to start. i just love duff and his cakes. he really goes over the top and brings concepts to life i could never even dream of! i have checked out his website and his cakes are really awesome. plus he ain't too bad to look at either!!

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 3:56am
post #22 of 31

Really looking forward to this show. Thanks for the heads up!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 4:07am
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieman

lol freddy icon_smile.gif
I am from Hoboken, which happens to be where the Cake Diva is from. When I had my business, a lot of people came to me because her cakes were so outrageously priced. The cakes on her site are nice...I just wonder how much "help" she gets. On the FN challenges her cakes are always horrible!

Ok Cookieman!! How are you by the way?---You brought up someone who drives me crazy---Cakediva!! That is all I will say!

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 4:18am
post #24 of 31

now I have to figure who your all talking about,I watch FN often yet I 'm not sure who cake diva is, can somebody clue me in on what to watch?

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 2:53pm
post #25 of 31

She did the boxing cake (sport cake) and she did the carousel cake that she had to move

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 4:56pm
post #26 of 31

I love FoodNetwork, I will watch ANYTHING but:
Rachel Ray, Duff person and Cake Diva.. But just me, icon_biggrin.gif

WebDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WebDiva Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:04pm
post #27 of 31

I will be watching. I think Duff is awesome. I know a few people who used him for their weddings and their cakes were AMAZING. He is definitely a character. icon_smile.gif

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:09pm
post #28 of 31

I love the food network, and watch most anything...dont really like Mario Malto's show but i like seeing him on the Iron Chef Competitions. I think Duff is funny....looking forward to watching the new show....

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:09pm
post #29 of 31

I'm excited for this show but don't have very high hopes. I was all excited about Sugar Rush but that show just bothers me. Does anybody know the premise for Ace of Cakes? Is it just going to be him making a different cake every week or what?

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 5:17pm
post #30 of 31

Like others, I'm excited for the show to start! Anything cake related is fun for me, but I don't know how much to expect. Did you see his cake on Mystery Cake Challenge? The figures were unimpressive to say the least and the cake toppled over before he could get it to the table. icon_confused.gif It was funny at the end though when he said something like "And they're giving this guy a show???" LOL....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%