July Totm Ideas

Decorating By Melvira Updated 24 Jun 2007 , 9:43pm by Melvira

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:26am
post #1 of 78

TOTM = Theme of the Month! If you are not familiar with this idea, please visit this link to catch up!! http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=326603&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Here we are ladies and gents, trying to come up with ideas for the July TOTM!! I am going to jump right in and suggest "Patriotism" since it's July. What I'd like to do is have everyone chime in with their ORIGINAL ideas, please do not 'vote' for which idea you like best. I will take all original suggestions and make a poll of them in a new thread (I will link to it here) and that's how we will vote on July's theme. So... to make it easier to see all ideas and be clear what they are, please submit your ideas like this... you can type any message you want, but separate your suggestions from all other text like this:

***Patriotism***

Now I will know that what you typed between the asterisks is your suggestion. If you want to explain why you are making that suggestion, please do it seperately from the word(s) between the asterisks. I think that would work the best. That way no one says, "Well, I suggested 'blah blah' and it didn't even make it in the poll!!" I don't want anyone to be missed or feel left out!! I will post the poll for approximately the last 5 days of the month and start the new thread with the most popular suggestion on the 1st of the month.

Thank you all... I can't wait to hear the utterly bizzare ideas that are going to come this way!! icon_biggrin.gif

77 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:35am
post #2 of 78

***Pool Party***

***Life's a Beach!***

***Life's Lemons Make Lemonade***

***Good Ol' Summertime***

***Kids at Play***

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:37am
post #3 of 78

I say we go with ***4 of July*** it is July after all lol icon_smile.gif My husbands birthday is the 3rd my father's is the 6th and we normally just do one big party on the 4th of July... I was thinking this year of doing something with fireworks or something ya know... please don't anyone steal my idea icon_cry.gif lol anyway I think something that ties in with July and all we celebrate in July would be best icon_smile.gif

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:40am
post #4 of 78

How about ***Travel***?? A lot of people travel during July.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 12:50am
post #5 of 78

Psychodelic!!! Summer of Love... tye-dye!! icon_razz.gif

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:34am
post #6 of 78

*** Christmas in July****

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:43am
post #7 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Psychodelic!!! Summer of Love... tye-dye!! icon_razz.gif

Bob, are your buns losing their wonder? You forgot to add the ***** asterics, silly!

I say my idea is

*********************CARTOON CHARACTERS*******************

Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:46am
post #8 of 78

You know... I wish Doug would suggest something. He never really participates! icon_wink.gif hahahahahaha! Great suggestions so far, I can't wait to see what else we get. Now, just to be clear, if some themes are very similar, I may just list one, but it would encompass all similar themes. For example, if we get 'Patriotism', '4th of July', and 'America', we may boil that down to one entry of 'Patriotism' because all three could be covered by that. I hope that is ok with everyone. If anyone disagrees, please just let me know. One problem is that I don't know how many entries we can have in the poll, so we may have to boil it down to just a handfull before we do the poll! Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many choices are in a poll? Thanks to those who have already made suggestions!! Keep watching to see what we get!!

Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:54am
post #9 of 78

Oh, just to clarify... Bob, was 'summer of love' a suggestion? I thought you'd just been using the bulbous banded snarfblatt and were having a fun trip! Bwahahaha!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:55am
post #10 of 78

*****Outdoor Fun*****

Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:59am
post #11 of 78

Oh, hey, I just wanted to mention, if you guys don't hear from me tomorrow, I am going to be out of town until Sunday and don't know if I'll have 'net access, so I am not ditching you guys! I'll be back to see all the awesome suggestions!

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:07am
post #12 of 78

*******Mistress of the Dark**********

I know---I know---It's not Halloween time. This is to pay loving homage to our new TOTM leader, Melvira!!! ( Alright, who's making those kiss-up sounds-----stop it!!)
Come on-----think of the cool, evil cookies we could make, while emitting the famous, spine-tingling Melvira laugh---BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:14am
post #13 of 78

***** Just to clarify my suggestions, it was along the line that the Summer of 2007 happens to be the (get this) 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love (aka 1967.) [Boy do I feel OLD!!] icon_razz.gif So, along that line I was thinking tye-dye, psychodelic anything, underwater Bongs icon_wink.gif etc. etc. (And I got the little star thingy's in too!!) icon_lol.gif *********

all4cake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:25am
post #14 of 78

omg! bobwonderbuns just reminded me...this is supposed to be the lucky year for marriage...love...

*****Wanna Get Lucky?*****

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 3:39am
post #15 of 78

Ok, this one is a bit childish, but I'm such a geek sometimes, I have to put in my two cents.

**Harry Potter**

The seventh and final book comes out, and the new movie comes out. My 7 year old and I are such Harry Potter fans, I just couldn't help suggesting.

I like Summer of Love, I was born in 1967!

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 11:40am
post #16 of 78

***summer camp***

I start working summer camp on Monday, so that's what July says to me!

eriksmom: I too am waiting for the movie and book!!!

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 11:56am
post #17 of 78

What's the summer of love?
Sorry just had to make some of you feel old.

*******beat the heat********
Rachel

NancysFancy Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:45pm
post #18 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsright41401

just had to make some of you feel old.

Rachel

Oh wow, I didn't think people from Georgia could be so mean!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

all4cake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 1:50pm
post #19 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

Quote:

Rachel

Oh wow, I didn't think people from Georgia could be so mean!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

LOL...You're kidding, right? The only thing different between GA and NC is a "Bless Yer Heart"

Isn't there a song with the name "Summer of Love"?

NancysFancy Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:06pm
post #20 of 78

all4cake----yeah, I'm kidding----just feeling extra creaky today! icon_lol.gif
BTW----I like your " Wanna Get Lucky" idea. THAT could be an interesting cake or cookie icon_eek.gif

all4cake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 2:13pm
post #21 of 78

TY That would cover a lot, eh? From Clint Eastwood to the self-proclaimed stud in high school and from spinning the roulette table to spinning the bottle...just a lil' piece of advice ya'll...NEVER PLAY SPIN THE BOTTLE THAT INCLUDES ANY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY! someone told me that once thought I'd pass that along.

mrsright41401 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 5:00pm
post #22 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

Quote:

Rachel

Awww, but I'm not from Georgia, I'm from Arizona - I'm a recent Georgia transplant. And as I'm sure those who have lived in Arizona will tell you - we're a mean bunch!

icon_biggrin.gif

Rachel

all4cake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 5:15pm
post #23 of 78

oh my! There's oodles of songs with that title...I reckon I was thinking of the one by the Baha Men...it was on the same cd with um...uh..."who let the dogs out"

NancysFancy Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 5:53pm
post #24 of 78

Rachel-----Hahahahahaha-----So, what is it that makes you mean? Heat, snakes, bumping into cacti, scorpions, rabid armadillos???

mrsright41401 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:03pm
post #25 of 78

The combination of everything makes us just plain old ornery people.

And isn't Georgia just full of crazies and criminals? I mean this was a penal colony back during the colonial times. icon_wink.gif

Rachel

NancysFancy Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:13pm
post #26 of 78

OHHHHHHHH, I'm just gonna sit back and watch the fireworks that you started with Georgians!!!!!!!!! The frosting will be flyin'!!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

all4cake Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:22pm
post #27 of 78

LOL...I ain't sayin' nothin'

I made parole almost 24 years ago...have to check back in with the parole officer(mom)periodically...

mrsright41401 Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 6:29pm
post #28 of 78

LOL - I love Georgia! I'm not saying anything bad about anyone. We chose to move here and love every second of it.

Rachel

NancysFancy Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 7:41pm
post #29 of 78

Good answer!!! icon_lol.gif Of course you love Georgia---who wouldn't ?
Now go make yourself a peach fizz mojito !!!

Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 12:10am
post #30 of 78

Duuuuuuude... I lived in Arizona for a little while... for like a year when I was 1. Hahahaha! I have a lot of family there and yep, they're all cranky! icon_wink.gif I say it's the heat rash that makes 'em crabby! (But it's a DRY heat!! Yah... but it's STILL 110 degrees, I don't care HOW dry it is!)

These ideas have been great so far. I have to admit... I am dying for Harry. This is supposed to be a good movie if you are a fan of the books. Lots of things that I've really been looking forward to are supposed to happen in this one. And I can't wait to read the last book. I am so nervous!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%