August Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By Irishprincess Updated 14 Jun 2007 , 12:12pm by blessBeckysbaking

Irishprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irishprincess Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:52am
post #1 of 4

HELP!!! I am helping a client decide what options would be best for an outdoor wedding reception in August... Here in Michigan it is likely to be hot AND humid. My problem is that I don't know what to suggest as far as icing. Do I recommend fondant over buttercream? Would cupcakes be a better option? I'd really appreciate any suggestions and helpful hints.
Thanks!

3 replies
Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 4

I have a similar problem with a wedding in July (outdoor wedding). I have talked the bride into fondant over buttercream to keep the melting issue as under control as I can get it. I posted, and the responses I got from the buttercream roses I need to make varied, but I think the main concensus was to use all Crisco buttercream. Here is the link to the post if you want to take a look:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-324703-.html

HTH, and good luck!

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 4

I would recommend fondant over buttercream with all shortening. The reason I say that is I don't know how hot it get's in Michigan in August (Here in the deep south, it easily gets to the high 90's-low 100's and outdoor weddings are usually late in the evenings.) If it is only in the 80's, you might could get away with all shortening buttercream if the wedding is not in the middle of the day.

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 12:12pm
post #4 of 4

fondant my be the safest way to go with fondant docorations. that you can make in advance store away until needed

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%