Texas Holden And More

Decorating By debbieann Updated 15 Jun 2007 , 3:34am by projectqueen

debbieann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbieann Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:43am
post #1 of 4

i've been ask to make a card game cake (texas holden) i don't have one idea where to start on this cake if anyone out there have an idea of a texas holden card game cake or any other card game please let me know.

also my paster birthday is the second weekend in july i know he like golf, plays the guitar and i wanted to put a bible cake on it or something spiritual at the moment i'm fishing so please help anyway you can.

thanks a million

3 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:54am
post #2 of 4

How about a gambling table for the "Texas Hold'em" one....
LL

Quebeccakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Quebeccakes Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:59am
post #3 of 4

Texas holden (or hold'em?) is a way to play poker where the players each get two card. Then three cards are open in the center of the table. Then another card and finally one last card. Players can make their hands with any five cards of the five on the table and the two they have in hand. Betting is made when players have their two cards, after the three card flip and after each of the last two card flip. A player can go "all in" (betting all his chips) at any time. As in any poker game, the hands players are trying to make are: a paire, two pairs, three of a kind, a straigh, a flush, four of a kind, a straigh flush and a royal straigh flush.

Now to make a cake, I would probably picture the five flipped cards, four or five set of two cards (for the players) and of course chips!
And I know there are many card cakes in the gallery, find one you like!
Hope this helps!

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 3:34am
post #4 of 4

Sounds like you have the card game under control.

Now for the pastor, what about a rectangular cake on the bottom that's covered in grass with some golf flags sticking out of it or something and on the top you put the bible cake. There is a really nice verse that I think would be appropriate but of course I can't think of it off hand. It's something to do with putting God first and then all good things will follow. I think it starts with "Seek ye first the kingdom of God"....You could write that verse on the bible cake.

Well, good luck with whatever you decide.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%