I Need A Cake,,,

Decorating By debilou68 Updated 28 Jul 2006 , 5:38am by oceanspitfire

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 13

Does this happen to anyone else,, my mind is just reeling,, I sat at work and dream all day of different cakes i'd like to try,, I get home, and my mind goes blank,, I can't even think of anything I'd like to try,, and then I think, maybe I need to get someone to make a "pretend" cake order,, so that way I'd have a direction,, does this sound soooo silly? Maybe I'll get my mom to think of something and give me an "order",, ha ha ha,, and another thing,, i see cake everywhere,, I was getting in my car yesterday, and the car beside me had the cutest baby shield blind thingy hanging on the window,, Elmo and friends,, with lots of blue squigglys and thingss,,,, and it so looked like it would make the cutest cake,,, my kids got new coloring books and the first thing I said was "oh those would make cute FBCT" .. I'm losing it,, thats fer sure.. Thanks all,, ( I'm not the only one like this,,,,, AM I???? ) Maybe its the heat,,, [/b]

12 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 13

well, I stood in michaels for awhile yesterday and looked at coloroing books to see if worthy of purchase for FBCT (bought none)

and then I spent time not only at Michaels but also at Hobby Lobby and AC Moore looking at the stencils (and bought two)

and...yep, many a time "that'd be cute as....."

-----------

naw --- cakes aren't an addiction.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 13

I cut pictures out of flyers and catalogs that I think might be a cute cake and save them in a box called "cake ideas".

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 13

Honey, welcome to my world! I think we all do that at times. I know recently my mother and I were in Wal-Mart looking around and they had a juniors t-shirt with Strawberry Shortcake holding hands with Frankenberry and it said "It's a mixed marriage." on it. Without even thinking I said, "I wonder how I could get that on a cake."

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 13

When you have one of those ideas at work why not grab a note pad and sketch it out a little or make some notes to yourself. icon_smile.gif You do not have to do a full blown color sketch but enough to jog your memory later.

You can also make a list of things that you want to try. Then when you have trouble thinking of something to play with or have extra time you can flip through my sketchs/notes and see if something jumps out at you.

debilou68 Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 13

I'm so relieved,, I was looking through my Collections Etc.. magazine,, found several ideas for cakes,,, it really is an addiction,,, Now if I could just afford to "feed" this addiction,,,

debilou68 Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 9:27pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

When you have one of those ideas at work why not grab a note pad and sketch it out a little or make some notes to yourself. icon_smile.gif You do not have to do a full blown color sketch but enough to jog your memory later.

You can also make a list of things that you want to try. Then when you have trouble thinking of something to play with or have extra time you can flip through my sketchs/notes and see if something jumps out at you.

You know what,, I actually have a notebook that i've started keeping all kinds of ideas and things in,,, I think the problem is there is too much information processing going on in my brain right now,,, I even make myself laugh,,, I'm gonna break down and do something though,,, then theres the thought that I'm "wasting" ingredients if i'm not actually making this for a specific purpose,,, call me crazy,, or lazy,, or scatterbrained,,, thats probably it,,,

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 13

Keep your eyes open for a raffle or a church or town event to donate a cake to.

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 10:42pm
post #9 of 13

I take cakes into my work, send them with my husband, volunteer at every opportunity to make a cake. Nah, it's not addicting!!!! icon_cool.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 12:46am
post #10 of 13

I make up really dumb reasons to make a cake, like when my boys are planning on watching a certain movie or for the first day of spring. icon_lol.gif I made a 3 tier cake for my birthday a few months ago knowing that the 4 of us would never finish it, that's what the guys at work are for.
I justify it to myself that my husband burns money just shooting at targets so I might as well make cakes that I don't plan on eating.
I don't have a cake problem. shhh.gif

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 1:09am
post #11 of 13

Me too! I have a notebook that I write down everything I want to try. Some are things I can make ahead from royal icing and use later, like lace points and letters. I'm on overload of ideas to try.

candocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candocakes Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 1:34am
post #12 of 13

I have the same problem of imagining all kinds of cakes. I mean there is nothing you can't cake!!! I tried to explain this to my husband the other day,
"It's like I see everything in cake!" I told him. "You have no idea, the imagination going wild with ideas" It makes me happYYY!!! It's like this, ya either got the cak'n or ya don't.

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 5:38am
post #13 of 13

WHEW I'm not alone pointing out things randomly I see on my way through my day and go 'eh that would make a great cake!' (My family and friends have already declared me loonie on that one (no comment lol) because I'll be walking along with them and say that outloud HAHAHA

Let's see, I have a 'notepad' saved on my desktop for cake ideas, which grows DAILY, I have a thick notepad next to my bed that is nearly full, I have a pad of paper always or some kind of paper in my purse when I'm out, and if I'm out at friends or family and think of something, I'll even go so far as to use their computer to email myself ideas HAHAHA
Hell and I'm not even a pro cake decorator- EGADS if I ever got good enough to make any of these icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%