My Stuffed Strawberries (New Method), Photos Included

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 11:18am by SandiOh

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:09pm
post #31 of 51

Ladivacrj--loved your picture of the berries. Where did you find the square shaped paper to put them in?

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:17pm
post #32 of 51

I found them at one of my local cake supply stores. They were with the cupcake liners and candy cups.

pklundberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pklundberg Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:17pm
post #33 of 51

Anyone going to see an oral surgeon or an orthdontist?
Those curved syringes look exactly like the one I was given after I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago.
It might be worth checking out. If you ask, you might be able to get one for free!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 12:16am
post #34 of 51

Also ...if I may add my 2 cents in ....the chocolate that covers the giant ding dong cake in the recipe section adds a wonderful chocolate covering with out it breaking when you bite into it..and tastes lovely with the cream cheese filling icon_biggrin.gif

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 4:43pm
post #35 of 51

Hey everyone!!

I found mine in the pharmacy section of a local supermarket. It's called a child's dosing syringe. Mine came with that long tip as a removable cap on the syringe nub. I just used the syringe though and it worked fine. My filling was from a recipe found on recipezaar.com.

4 ounces light cream cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Hope this helps!!

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 4:59pm
post #36 of 51

For those of you looking for that kind of syringe....ask your dentist!! LOL, I got one of those after getting my wisdom teeth pulled, they told me to fill it with warm water and flush out the wound...yuck but that's what they said those type of syringes are for!! HTH!!

By the way......great idea!!!

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:01pm
post #37 of 51

It's a 12cc curved tip syringe. I sell them at work but they are in boxes of 50 so not a convenient thing to buy unless you're one of the veterinarians I sell to. They are typically the oral syringes you get at the dentist so pklundberg is probably right about getting one free if you ask nicely.

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 5:17pm
post #38 of 51

Looks like I'm gonna have to make a trip to the grocery store!! LOL- these sound (and look) delish!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:14pm
post #39 of 51

Thanks to all these posts. I need to make a ton of these for a party next weekend and this looks like a much faster method! Off to see my pharmacist!

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:24pm
post #40 of 51

What a great idea! This one is a must-do the next time I host my book club. thumbs_up.gif

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:27pm
post #41 of 51

Thanks for all the info. One more thing to add to my "to do" list.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:31pm
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoliveira

That's a great idea. I'm wondering, though, what do you cover them with, just plain chocolate melts?

When I use good chocolate, it doesn't turn out this pretty and I don't like using chocolate melts. Should I add something to the chocolate to make it smooth, but dry hard?

Add a little crisco to your chocolate when you are melting it...that will make it creamier and smoother. I haven't tried stuffed strawberries yet but I got to soon.....my husband will love these!!!! thumbs_up.gif

jobartwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobartwo Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:43pm
post #43 of 51

Thank you for sharing this.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:03pm
post #44 of 51

DITTO OMG.....HOW YUMMY.... GOTTA TRY THANKS FOR SHARING!

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:19pm
post #45 of 51

Even though I am really new, I thought I would add my 2 cents worth to this great idea. I picked really beautiful strawberries, but they didn't have a cavity in the middle. I used the idea to cut a flap of the leaves ( don't cut the circle all the way off though). Then I used my skinny carrot pealer to cut a circle out of the center of the strawberry. I filled them with chocolate or cream cheese and replaced the leaf flap. If you used chocolate, it sealed the top back on as it set.
Lilybird

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:30pm
post #46 of 51

Sounds fabulous!

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:46pm
post #47 of 51

I love that idea! Brilliant!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 9:03pm
post #48 of 51

I heard about your ingenious idea on another thread...what a smart cookie u are! icon_wink.gif

Can't wait to try it! I have tons of strawberries in my garden and lots of fillings to experiment with!

wahoo!

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:10am
post #49 of 51

OOOh, yum. I have used a syringe to inject strawberries with champagne before dipping in chocolate but never thought of cream cheese or ganache! Thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:15am
post #50 of 51

YUM! Thank you for sharing thumbs_up.gif

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:18am
post #51 of 51

yeah, love the champagne idea too....in the good ol days we used to inject the strawberries with vodka....potent little suckers.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%