Can't Find A Cake Box To Fit My Cakes...uugghhh!

Decorating By mccoy1113 Updated 6 Jun 2005 , 1:19am by heavenlycakes

mccoy1113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccoy1113 Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where I can purchase a cake box that will hold a 12x18 sheet cake with a 3-D bear sitting on top? All the boxes I have found are only 4 or 5 inches tall.

6 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 7

I'm sure they are probably available online but it's usually expensive to buy/ship the bigger boxes in small quantities. I've read of others using the rubbermaid bins turned upside down. I've also taped a box to stay open enough to fit the cake and then covered the opening with plastic wrap pulled tight and taped. It was kind of like a little window and didn't look bad at all.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 7

You could put the cake in a sheet cake box with a hole cut out from the top of the box where the bear sits and then just put an upside down cake box over the bear and tape it down to the sheet cake box!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 9:42pm
post #4 of 7

For my stacked cakes I use the rubbermade boxes and turn them upside down. It works great for me. I know you can buy them at walmart or target. You can tell your customer that you will need the container back for future orders. People have always returned them back to me! Good luck! icon_razz.gif
traci

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 7

You might consider usingusing a regular box and collaring it with some poster board cut to the height that you need.... make sure you crease it and tape it to the outside of the cake box so that it doesn't touch the cake.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 4 Jun 2005 , 12:55am
post #6 of 7

i use boxes from staples for odd cakes like that. If its a cake i'm delivery i don't even put it in a box. I lay some clean towels down on the floor of the car or in the trunk and transport like that.

heavenlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlycakes Posted 6 Jun 2005 , 1:19am
post #7 of 7

Just cut the top off of the box... Most of my sheet cakes are about 5" tall and with the decorations, they are always alot taller so I cut the top off and deliver it like that. Another option is to but 2 of the half sheet boxes (I believe they are 14x20) and put them together so that the flaps face in and tape them together. So you would end up with the top of the box being 12" high. The side flaps just hook into one another to keep the 2 boxes together.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%