Lounge By naha Updated 26 Jul 2006 , 4:23pm by Heath

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 1:03am
post #31 of 58

LOL

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 1:36am
post #32 of 58

What may be distasteful to one may be perfect to another. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

lakecountrymommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakecountrymommy Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:48am
post #33 of 58

You eat with your eyes first.

Personally, I try to avoid making or eating anything that looks like $!^t . Figurative and literal.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:23am
post #34 of 58

I have to reply on the side of taste also. Kitty litter cakes----uh, no thanks. I don't even like the pregnant belly cakes. It's so cute, but to slice it up........ I don't believe in Karma, but kinda like that. (Not saying that anyone who makes or serves up belly cakes deserves bad karma--heck no!!)

I just mourn all the money and talent spent (or mis spent) in hollywood for "family movies". All that talent and they have to resort to potty jokes or sexual innuendo.

Kudos for the cake creativity for sure! About as far as I can go is the oreo cookie dirt with gummy worms.

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 11:21am
post #35 of 58

when's the party... who's bringing the margarita's?? I think it would be a blast.

As for wasted ingredients.. who cares.. I've blown more money on stupid things that sit in a closet totally forgotten about. So if I have to entertain my friends by making a "kitty" cake so what! :0) the fun out of it would be well worth it!!

Besides it would be perfect for a halloweeen party. We do those awful spaghetti dishes that feel like intestines, eyeball yucky dishes where you stick your hand in a bowl and have to guess what it is.. eeewww.... but we still do it and we still laugh.. So what a perfect end to a party but to have a kitty litter cake to go w/the eyeballs, and intestines and such.....

imo
bo

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 12:47pm
post #36 of 58

I think they are gross, and probably couldn't eat it, but for the right occasion, they could be perfect! Would I take it to a church dinner? Probably not...a Halloween party? Sure! Never know with little boys...could be perfect for a Fear Factor type birthday party!

naha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naha Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 12:53pm
post #37 of 58

I would like to clear some things up and get this topic focused and back on the subject... the focus of this is not "poo and low brow humor", my point was this... Cake is FOOD... it should be PALATABLE TO THE EYE and not a disgusting display... there is no beauty in it... The same goes with the dead possum cake complete with blood running out of it's mouth... since when is death or road kill funny except by a sick mind??? I am not personally interested in eating something that looks like cat litter or road kill. Cake decorating is an art and there is no talent involved in choosing a disgusting theme and crumbling up some cake crumbs and "Blooping" out frosting. These types of cakes are a disservice to the art. P.S. if you are doing this for shock value, how about just showing up to the event naked? ... but bring a cake that people will want to eat... I guarantee most people don't want to eat poo...LOL!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 1:14pm
post #38 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by naha

I would like to clear some things up and get this topic focused and back on the subject... the focus of this is not "poo and low brow humor", my point was this... Cake is FOOD... it should be PALATABLE TO THE EYE and not a disgusting display... there is no beauty in it... The same goes with the dead possum cake complete with blood running out of it's mouth... since when is death or road kill funny except by a sick mind??? I am not personally interested in eating something that looks like cat litter or road kill. Cake decorating is an art and there is no talent involved in choosing a disgusting theme and crumbling up some cake crumbs and "Blooping" out frosting. These types of cakes are a disservice to the art. P.S. if you are doing this for shock value, how about just showing up to the event naked? ... but bring a cake that people will want to eat... I guarantee most people don't want to eat poo...LOL!

For me looking a big plate of liver and onions is enough to make me gag and it just looks absolutely gross--not palatable to this eye! My best friend hates the site of corn--literally grosses her out. Have you seen a big tub of chitlins? What about some of the exotic delicacies from other countries--that nice big fat grasshopper sitting on your plate? Point is--palatable to whose eye? I have had a co-worker here at work every year ask me for that kitty litter cake for our team's Halloween party, every year I say no. Why? Cause personally, if I'm not getting paid for it, I'm not doing it! I really think it is gross. He even went as far to ask for one at Christmas to include tinsel in the poop. Um no! But when I get a business up and running, if someone wants to pay for it, I'll do it--to each their own. For one of our team Halloween parties, I made a couple of severed bloody arms. It was actually fun to make and it fit in perfect with the whole story theme we had going. I guess I have no problem with blood (love those horror movies). I'll tell you this, I have a good enough reputation here at my job, that if I did have a kitty litter cake, no matter how disgusting people would think it would look, they would still eat it--because they love the taste of my cakes.

It's one of those, if you don't like it and it does not look appealing, stay clear--that is what I do when someone passes by with caviar! ICK!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 1:18pm
post #39 of 58
Quote:

since when is death or road kill funny except by a sick mind???!

welcome to my insanity.

can you laugh or you can cry at life and it's twist/turns/horrors

I'm guffawing!

(when we point...three finger point back)

naha Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:28pm
post #40 of 58

to puppylove...

how many people do YOU know that think Poo is beautiful... this is not an "eye of the beholder" situation... anyhow...
I give up... I think it just boils down to class.

bodaisy Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:54pm
post #41 of 58

ok... so does that mean i'm "low" class because it would not offend me to make a "kitty" cake? :0)Look.. to each it's own. However if you don't like it DON'T eat it!! Simple as that.
Everyone tastes are different and frankly that's ok, but to diss someone else who finds what you don't like "funny" it dosent' make them lesser of a person just different (meaning different tastes). I think it's creative and cool!! I'm sorry if we offended you with the pictures and such.. but it's just like the "naughty" cake section... if you don't want to look at it then don't! AND please don't say that the people who made them DON'T have talent because they do and it's not nice of you to say that they don't . It's just not something that you like.. and that's ok..

bo

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 2:58pm
post #42 of 58

Just a friendly reminder...there are a TON of people on this site who have made "kitty box" cakes and even a few "road kill" cakes. It is one thing to voice an opinion but I think that we should be more careful about how we say it. icon_smile.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:03pm
post #43 of 58

BTW...My friend who made the kitty box cake for the mom's night out...has tons of class....she also has a wicked sense of humor. thumbs_up.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:12pm
post #44 of 58
Quote:

... I think it just boils down to class.

youre absoultely right here......and not an ounce of it was used when starting this big WHO-RAH!!!

emilycakes is absoultely right...have an opinion...express it.....but pay attention to how you do that!! Wheteher you'd eat one or make one.....is completely different than telling other cake decorators they are "sick minded"

I'd bet about 95% would like to express a few "adjectives " in return.....but are using class to hold back thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:16pm
post #45 of 58

Okay, I'm all for expressing opinions and such but come on...what was the point of the thread again? To tell people they shouldn't make these cakes? Or to let us know you don't like them? Okay, we undertand ....then don't make them. Or eat them....or comment on them.
Not sure what you wanted us to do with this information.

hmmm...and I never thought of showing up to the party naked...that's a good idea thumbs_up.gif I guess it would save me the trouble of making a cake icon_biggrin.gif

naha Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:21pm
post #46 of 58

If your "taste" is to eat poo, then go for it! but when you serve a cake to a group of people, you should try not to offend even one of them... I stand by my opionions... you are intitled to yours and I am entitled to mine... You are still missing the point.... I've said all I wish to say on the subject...

jen1977 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:25pm
post #47 of 58
Quote:

to puppylove...

how many people do YOU know that think Poo is beautiful... this is not an "eye of the beholder" situation... anyhow...
I give up... I think it just boils down to class.

You really should be more careful in how you express your opinion. If you don't like it, then don't look at it...period! Don't diss others creativity because it doesn't fit "your" style! There is one road kill cake that I can think of right now that is amazing! It took a lot of talent to create it! Would I be able to eat it? Probably not, but it is still amazing creativity! I notice that you are new here...NOT a very good way to introduce yourself here as judgemental and rude! JMO!

bodaisy Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:29pm
post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

You really should be more careful in how you express your opinion. If you don't like it, then don't look at it...period! Don't diss others creativity because it doesn't fit "your" style! There is one road kill cake that I can think of right now that is amazing! It took a lot of talent to create it! Would I be able to eat it? Probably not, but it is still amazing creativity! I notice that you are new here...NOT a very good way to introduce yourself here as judgemental and rude! JMO!

I AGREE thumbs_up.gif

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:48pm
post #49 of 58

I would say if someone made that cake for someone that they know or if someone requested, it, I'm sure that the group of people that would be viewing and eating would not be offended at all. That is called knowing your friends and audience. I would certainly would not make that cake for a bunch of people who would think it is gross. Would it I make it for my family and friends? Still no, but IF I did, they would probably thinkis is gross, but cool at the same time and yep, they would eat it.

So what exactly was the main subject again? You think all cakes should look pretty? Whatever. That is your opinion, and yes, I find it rude as well, that you sign up as a newbie come here and feel that everyone should think the same way as you. You say anyone who makes these types of cakes have no class? That is sad that you pressume to know everyone based on a cake that they make.

If your point that ALL cakes should be appeasing to the eye, that is your opinion. Mine is that I think creativity comes in all forms. We disagree and that is that. For you to say all others that disagree with you have no class, you are now attacking people personally and that is no way to argue an opinion. I hate the naughty cakes--I don't look at them. Not a big fan of the toilet ones either, don't look at them. If you don't like the kitty litter ones, don't look at them. Don't bash people because they have different views than you.

twinsline7 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:01pm
post #50 of 58
Quote:

If your "taste" is to eat poo, then go for it! but when you serve a cake to a group of people, you should try not to offend even one of them... I stand by my opionions... you are intitled to yours and I am entitled to mine... You are still missing the point.... I've said all I wish to say on the subject...

ok ok ......so what was it.....someone gave YOU the cake???.....or someone requested YOU make one?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ......because other than that I cant see any reason you would feel the need to come on say what you have more less get down and dirty and insult other decorators!!......unless of course it was to get what you got.....a cat fight! icon_lol.gif

I think any response from here on out should be

"MEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

lakecountrymommy Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:03pm
post #51 of 58

Oh come on!

Seems like people are getting way off subject. The original post never said anything about being better than anyone else. It was just her opinion.

OK kids. Everybodies right. It's great for a Halloween party (depends on who's there) and it's disgusting at the same time. Does that about sum it up?

Let's just give it a rest.

Only on cakecentral could such a benign comment get so out of hand.

My psychic abilities tell me this thread will soon be locked..so get your last digs in quick and let's move on.

twinsline7 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:07pm
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountrymommy

Oh come on!

Seems like people are getting way off subject. The original post never said anything about being better than anyone else. It was just her opinion.

actually I beg to differ.....read her posts again....I think the words..."only ones with sick minds"...." no creativity at all".....thos ein addition to her own disgust with that type of cake design....was putting herself WELL above others....

and hoenstly it should be locked.....this cat box is in definite need of a cleaning! thumbs_up.gif

jen1977 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:09pm
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountrymommy

My psychic abilities tell me this thread will soon be locked..so get your last digs in quick and let's move on.

Must have the same psychic abilities!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:13pm
post #54 of 58

A benign comment is one thing. Pushing your opinion off as fact and insulting others in the same breath is another thing and goes completely against one of the poster's "points" = not offending one person.

I knew from the title alone that this was a "heated" thread. Seems to be way too many lately.

Meow.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:15pm
post #55 of 58

why would they lock it? we are just having a discussion right? wasn't that the whole point of this thread? i've had a great time reading about cat poop, road kill & nakedness.....only on CC right? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

And doug if you point and three fingers are pointing back....where does that leave the other one? icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

twinsline7 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:16pm
post #56 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

And doug if you point and three fingers are pointing back....where does that leave the other one?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif \\

OH I KNOW I KNOW....!!!!!! ( is there a smilie anxiously raising its hand to answer???)

lakecountrymommy Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:16pm
post #57 of 58

I'm guessing she turned to those tactics because she felt ganged up on. (No, not the best choice, but it's also not the first time something like this has happened on this site) She is newer here. Maybe doesn't understand the dynamics of CC.

I am not defending anyone let me make that clear..please.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 4:23pm
post #58 of 58

Ok, well I wasn't too quick to lock this one, mostly because I thought that things that were said, needed to be said. It just felt like from the beginning this thread needed to play itself out.

At this point it seems like the discussion has gone as far as it can and so it is probably best to lock it now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%