How Much?

Decorating By AmberCakes Updated 9 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm by leily

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 6:47am
post #1 of 4

Hello to all and thanks in advance for your help!

I made this MMF cake today for my niece's birthday and gosh it took awhile, about 8 hours in total (including the cooking of the cake and waiting for the fondant to rest, etc).

This is a 15' petal pan cake-I used 2 recipes of the Super Enhanced Cake Formula-It also has the Whimsical House Oreo Cookie's and Cream filling. Crusting Buttercream. And buttercream borders and accents, with carnations made of royal icing (they were bought from a cake store). And I also pressed some scrolls onto the cake to give it an embossed look.

It's about 3inches high.

How much would I charge for a cake like this for Future Reference? Any idea?

Thanks so much for your time! Cake Central Rules the Cake World!

Josie
LL

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 4

Well the wilton party servings says it serves 48.

I with the cake/filling/fondant my price per serving would be $2.75 (Might be more for the petal shape, but haven't had to cover one in fondant yet so that might change later)

So my total comes out to be $132.00 this includes delivery within 7 miles of the center of town. after the 7 miles it is an additional $0.50 per mile round trip per google maps.

I don't know how much your royal icing carnations cost so you might want to add that cost in also if you had to pay for shipping or if they were more than what it would have taken for you to make them.

HTH

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Leily! That sure does help! So, I guess around $150. Wow! I will keep your information on file for this cake just in case someone else wants me to make one. LOL.
Take care!
Josie

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 4

Glad I could help.

Yep I think the same thing when I price my cakes =) By the time I get the price figured up i'm like WOW I can charge that much? LOL, but I have figured up my cost and have my price per serving so there is no ifs ands or buts about it, the price is what it comes out to be. This is my cost and this is how much the cake cost so they can take it or leave it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%