Stack Of Papers Cake?

Decorating By xkuuipo415x Updated 22 Jul 2006 , 3:30am by Charb31

xkuuipo415x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xkuuipo415x Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 8

I need your help again!

I work for a large, well-known corporation and the senior VP's birthday is monday. Guess who they asked to me the cake....me, and guess when they asked me....today! *YIKES* icon_surprised.gif

So the senior vp's office is horrendous! He has stacks of papers on his desk that are so high that you can't even see him when he is sitting at his desk!!! So they decided it would be fun to do a cake (or 2 - 1 sheetcake cute in half) that looked like a stack of business papers.

I am totally up for the challenge, but since I haven't done a cake like this before am a little hesitant. Anybody done a similar cake? Any ideas on how it should look? I haven't gotten a chance to look in the gallery yet - that will be tonight when I can actually sit down and dedicate ebought time.

Anythng you guys can help me with would be great.....pics, ideas etc.

Thank you in advance!
Tina

7 replies
veronelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronelly Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 8

What i would do is bake 2 sheets cakes. Cut them down to the size of sheets of paper or file folders. Then cut the cakes into layers and start stacking on top of each other in slightly different angles. You could build it up like a topsy turvey style cake, but it would be square

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 8

You could just do a regtangular 8x11 cake that's about 1" tall. Then use fondant to make a 'manilla folder' to wrap around the cake. Then put your filling on top of the manilla folder. Then do another layer in the same manner but turn it kinda off center. You could paint the sides of the cake to look like papers like you would if you were doing a book cake. I hope that makes sense. Anyway...the finished product should look like two manilla file folders full of papers stacked haphazardly on top of each other..

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 8

If you go to page 6 on the galleries, you will find 2 pics of an anniversary cake that was done in book style. She actually has pages done, looks very cool. I'm so sorry, but I don't know how to get those from the gallery into this message.. yeah I know,...should be basic computer sense right? Good luck!!

xkuuipo415x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xkuuipo415x Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 8

What gallery section would that cake be under - celebration cakes? I tried lookin under there for anniversary and didn't seem to see it.
Anyway you can copy and paste the URL?

Thanks for your comments so far!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 8

wow...veronelly and Misdawn...absolutely perfect...and so easy too!!!!!

i can see it now!!!

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 8

I made a book cake; for the pages, I used fondant and rolled the sides/top/bottom with that Wilton fondant roller thingy. It looked like stacks of papers/pages. Maybe you can place an 8-1/2 x 11 fondant covered cake on top of a large sheet cake (or use smaller versions), then makes pages with the roller. I like the folder idea. Place strips of fondant "folder" at the bottom of the stack of papers, then the front of the folder on top of the stack of papers. Name the folder something silly, such as "Ignore Folder," or use a title that's common for his work. I hope this makes sense to you!

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 22 Jul 2006 , 3:30am
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%