Shipping Cookie Bouquets

Baking By Tscookies Updated 11 Aug 2006 , 3:47am by indydebi

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 19 Jul 2006 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 7

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for shipping cookie bouquets so they don't break.

6 replies
tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 9:29am
post #2 of 7

I'd also like to know so here's a bump... icon_wink.gif

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 20 Jul 2006 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 7

I was just about to post a question about shipping cookies when I saw this so here's another bump!

I'm wondering if styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap is the way to go?????

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 21 Jul 2006 , 4:21am
post #4 of 7

Okay....you all are reading my mind. BUMP!!!!

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 7

The bouquets I've shipped have all been shipped differently. One bouquet had each cookie individually wrapped. Then the entire bouquet was wrapped in cellophane. I anchored the basket to the bottom of my box and filled it with small inflated balloons. One cookie broke with this method. I did not mark the box fragile or anything special.

One time I didn't realize a customer was shipping the bouquet and I brought it into work without wrapping in cellophane. We wrapped it in small bubble wrap I had on a shelf in my office. She added peanuts to it and it made it just fine - across the US.

I usually do the double cellophane wrap (each cookie then the entire bouquet). Anchor the bouquet to the box (taping town with box tape) and then fill with peanuts. Works great evertime.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks! That helps!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:47am
post #7 of 7

ngarza07: Thanks from me too for those tips! We've only done cookies locally because we were nervous about shipping. You make it sound so easy. It's great to hear what works from someone with experience. Super Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%