Bct Not Flat With Cake

Decorating By jg556a Updated 3 Jun 2005 , 6:38pm by jg556a

jg556a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jg556a Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 4

I finally made my first attempt at a bct, it looked ok, but it was so thick it looked way to high for the cake. How do I make it thin so that when it's placed on it looks like part of the cake. I think my bc may have been too thick also. Thanks for any insight on this!!

3 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 4

These instructions will give you a thinner BCT.

http://www.webmall1.com/sweetdreams/frozbutter.htm
Using a fine round tip, such as a #1 or #2, begin to outline your art. Start with most difficult sections, or those with the most detail, such as facial features. It is much easier to take off and begin again when you have not completed most of the piece. When you have finished outlining the art, you are ready to fill in each section with color. Using thinned buttercream, fill in each colored section completely with as steady a flow as possible, as if making run-in sugar pieces. Complete all of a color before moving on to the next. When you have filled in your entire piece, lift it off of your work surface and look through it to see if there are any empty spaces, or holes in your work. Fill these in with frosting.

By thinning the BC and letting it flow into the outlined design, it won't be as thick.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 1 Jun 2005 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 4

Most people do make them fairly thick because they handle better. Most of us then do an edging border around the outline once the transfer is placed on the cake.
Or you could make it as the whole top of the cake, filling in around your design to the dimension of your cake top with the same colour icing you will use on the cake sides, as part of your transfer. Then just do your top cake border around the cake once you place it. In that case, I would put a very thin crumbcoat on the cake top before applying the whole top transfer.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

jg556a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jg556a Posted 3 Jun 2005 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks you guys, i will definately try the tips. Hopefully my next transfer will be a success. Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%