How Do You Stack A Hamburger Cake?

Decorating By icing_fever Updated 8 Jun 2007 , 12:46am by ByTheSlice

icing_fever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icing_fever Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 12

Hello Everybody,

So I have been invited to a BBQ next weekend and thought it would be nice to bring a cake (duh... who could say no?) So I am going to use this as an excuse to try my hand at a Hamburger cake. The only problem is that I am hung up on how to stack it. I have seen some where the patty is cake crumbs and B/C, but there is also the tomato, lettuce to go in there too. So if anyone is a little more enlightened than I at the art of making a hamburger cake can you please help me out?

Thanks a million icon_smile.gif

11 replies
icing_fever Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 12

Anyone? Please help!!

moniquerei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moniquerei Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 12

Hello...I made a hamburger cake (see my photos). It was not trick at all to stack the cakes. It is just 3 layers on top of each other. For the "burger" part, I did not crumble cake, I just slapped on some chocolate frosting messy like. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Good luck!

Machel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Machel Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 12

I did the same with my hamburger cake. Just used 3 layers and did a chocolate frosting really messy for the burger part. Then I used a green fruit roll up for lettuce, strawberry preserves for catsup and yellow icing for mustard. When I got to the party, I laid chips around the base of the cake. Looked great!

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 12

Yeah, it's not difficult. I just stacked mine, too. First I carved my buns to the shape I wanted (yeah, don't we all wish we could do that!). Laid down the bottom bun, frosted it, laid down the burger and frosted it with chocolate, put on some fondant tomatoes, piped some lettuce, put on the top bun and frosted it. I don't have an airbrush so I used some lighter colored frosting to the edges of the bun and blended it in. I covered the board with a paper table cloth and clear contact paper. You'll do great! Looking forward to seeing it!

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 12

I'm so excited................. it's my turn to help. This is the way I do mine.
bottom bun, crumb & bc patty, a slice of cheese made of fondant, lettuce made of fondant ( I rolled it over crumbled up then spead out foil), fondant tomato (cut out with a small glass then made the markings with a butter knife), mustard & ketchup made of be, and then the top bun.

Good Luck

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:24pm
post #7 of 12

This may also help you

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/birthday-cake-idea.html

If you like PM your e-mail address I have instructions that were given to me.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 5:28pm
post #8 of 12

i didn't even frost my patty. i just frosted the top and bottom buns, then added BC condiments. i wish i would've had my airbrush before i did it. oohh how much better it could have looked.
LL

icing_fever Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 7:04pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks guys! Really don't know what I would do with out you! I'll post the cake here when I am done.... here's to keeping my fingers crossed icon_wink.gif

Beki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beki Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:03am
post #10 of 12

Hi! I didn't frost my hamburger patty either. My lettuce, tomato, and onion were made of spice drops rolled out and cut to shape. The bits of cheese hanging over the edges were yellow starburst candies softened in the microwave pressed and cut into triagles and tucked around the patty. I also made a hot dog and french fries. Good Luck! Can't wait to see it!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:26am
post #11 of 12

For the patty of my cake I piped chocolate BC all over and put it in the freezer then I frosted and put fondant on the top and bottom "buns" used fondant as cheese and some of the tomatos. Mines not the best at all but everybody enjoyed it. HTH

ByTheSlice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ByTheSlice Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:46am
post #12 of 12

I wish i had some advise, but after seeing your cakes I don't think that you will have a problem. Can't wait to see it!! Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%