Help! Help! Help!

Decorating By Debbiethecakediva Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 10:02am by Tartacadabra

Debbiethecakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbiethecakediva Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 8:37am
post #1 of 3

AWWWWW! icon_mad.gif ... Ok so despite my screen name I am a novice icon_redface.gif and I have a wedding shower cake to finish for tommorrow. I rolled out my fondant and it stuck to the mat a bit but it was more in the middle than the sides and I had it laid out one the cake by the time I noticed and now has all these marks on it. icon_cry.gif Is there any way I can get them out or cover them up or something. Other than decorating over top of them, I'm just doing a bit of scroll work on it and some of the spots are an odd enough shape that it wouldn't cover it all up. Also, they don't want a cake topper and I'm not sure what I should use to cover the hole on top from my stablizing dowel to make it look like there isn't a hole. Any ideas?

icon_eek.gif

2 replies
CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 8:50am
post #2 of 3

is your cake tiered that you need to dowel it or is it just one cake. If your icing on your cake is white then you can take the fondant off and knead it and re roll it. The icing on it won't hurt it at all. That is what fondant is actually with out the liquid. I would put the dowel in the cake before I put the fondant on and make sure the dowel (if you need it ) is below the level of the fondant.

hth...

Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 10:02am
post #3 of 3

ooh that´s really awful, it happened to me last week, I took it of and had to do it twice (yeah take it off twice icon_sad.gif ). I almost wanted it to throw it away and start with new fondant but then it went right. If you are working with a layer of BC under the fondant, try to scrape it of as much as possible (with kitchenpaper) and knead it again. If it looks really bad, i would just start over again. About the dowel, if it is the top layer of the cake I would just make some roses or something to put on top, always looks nice and not too much.

Lots of luck and strength icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%