Theme Of The Month!

Decorating By Melvira Updated 31 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm by Melvira

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 6:57am
post #61 of 196

Melvira, I wish we had a kow-towing smiley! hehehe I LURV this. I just told my family that I was going to start making a just because or practice cake (time permitting, of course) once a month. I need practice and also have ideas swimming around in my head that I don't get to execute because I'm always up to my eyeballs in sheet cake orders. I know I shouldn't complain as business is good, but the sheets get a little monotonous... icon_rolleyes.gif Anyway, back on tangent; the dingle-hopper and snorf-blatt icon_lol.gif PERFECT icon_biggrin.gif "Look at this stuff. Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?..." I hope I have time to submit something this month, but if not, I was wondering; are you going to continue the thread here? Do we check this thread every month for the new theme? TIA You all are the best thumbs_up.gif

Lynda

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 8:31pm
post #62 of 196

I love all of the submissions...And yes, Melvira.....I knew what they were. LOL......I think that Bob and Nancy were just having flashbacks to the 60's! ROFL.

*singing* I have gadgets and gizmos a plenty, I have whosits and whatsits galore, you want thingamabobs, I've got 20!!! But who cares no big deal, I want MORE......I wanna be where the peopel are...I wanna see wanna see em dancin' .....movin around on those, what ya call them? Oh feet. * I could go on and on, but I will spare ya'll of my singing. LOL

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 10:33pm
post #63 of 196

Ok so I'll finish freddyfl:

*singing really loudly embarassing my 6 year old son:

Flippin' your fins you don't get too far
Legs are required for jumpin', dancin'
Strollin' along down a
What's that word again?
Street
Up where they walk
Up where they run
Up where they stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free
Wish I could be
Part of that world *** holding that note and sounding terrible***

Love that movie. I knew exactly what you were talking about Melvira.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 10:55pm
post #64 of 196

Ok, I feel a little less like a psychotic re-re now!! Thank you guys!! I'll tell you, I love all the songs from that movie... but you should hear me do my rendition of Ursula the sea witch and her big song!!

*I'll admit that in the past I've been a nasty!! They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch!* etc. etc. singing to myself...

After all these years that's one of the soundtracks I still find myself singing constantly! That, and Beauty and the Beast!! I drive MYSELF nuts with those!

Bob and Nancy... your little plot to convince me that I am losing my mind is apparently falling apart. You're going to have to go to plan B! Bwahaha! I love you guys anyway!! icon_wink.gif

Edit: Hmmmmmm... BTW... how would you guys know what a sea bong looks like? I am intrigued.... icon_twisted.gif

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:30pm
post #65 of 196

SEA BONG!!!!!! Uh oh icon_redface.gif
Ummm, can't speak for Bob, but as freddyfl guessed---60's FLASHBACK MAN!!!!!! I'm so stoked!!! But, like, I'm totally groovin' on this thread 'till ya went and narced on me, Melvira!!!
Gotta go now----got the munchies

Melvira Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:51pm
post #66 of 196

OMG... Nancy lost it! (not that I'm sure she ever HAD it to begin with, buuuuut...I digress) icon_lol.gif

Does anyone else feel like popping in some good Disney movies and having a pajama party? icon_lol.gif

NancysFancy Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:57pm
post #67 of 196

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif
And------can you guys BE any nerdier???????????

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:02am
post #68 of 196

Nerd? NERD?! Are YOU calling ME a nerd?! Well... so... what's yer point? icon_wink.gif Little Miss Icanpointouttheobvious. icon_lol.gif

NancysFancy Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:07am
post #69 of 196

WOW!!!! You guessed my middle name!!!!!!!!

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:19am
post #70 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

WOW!!!! You guessed my middle name!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Hey, at least we know what you do with all those fancy cookies after you make 'em! icon_wink.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:10am
post #71 of 196

Ok guys here's mine, had some left over fondant and no cake orders so thought i would join in on the fun....

kylie
LL

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:12am
post #72 of 196

Too cute, Kylie! icon_biggrin.gif

NancysFancy Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:33pm
post #73 of 196

Love 'em, kylie!!! Nice touch with the "sand" too.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:58pm
post #74 of 196

When I gave up on "Bubba the under the sea" thingy I packed all my stuff away and tore my kitchen apart. (just to clear that up, not a violent person just remodeling) I have a real bubba kitchen now and an under the sea theme going on in this new thread and I can't add to it! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif NOT FAIR! ....... just kidding Melvira. I LOVE THIS thread idea. It covers ALL. thumbs_up.gif Great Idear.

SeaQueen that dolphin cake it beautiful. Are the dolphins made of gumpaste of fondant?

Great job guys, wonderful creations are showing up everywhere.

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:06pm
post #75 of 196

Excellent entries!! Those little critters are so cute!

And Shyann... I'm jealous that you are remodeling your kitchen!! I have all new appliances waiting in my storage area, but had to loan my sister the money I had set aside for the kitchen job. ERGH!!! icon_mad.gif Calm down Mel... it will come soon enough!!

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 3:23pm
post #76 of 196

Mel, it took me 5 months to get motivated plus to rebuild the savings I had to tap into. I can understand how you feel. Just imagine what your kitchen will look like when you are finished since good things come to those that wait. icon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 6:23pm
post #77 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyannAutumn

Mel, it took me 5 months to get motivated plus to rebuild the savings I had to tap into. I can understand how you feel. Just imagine what your kitchen will look like when you are finished since good things come to those that wait. icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the boost! I am trying to keep it all in perspective! Make sure you show us pix when you're done!!! icon_wink.gif

jenndga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenndga Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:11am
post #78 of 196

I have absolutely nothing to add to this thread, but....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL... I am cracking up over here about The Little Mermaid.... icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Sorry....

And shame on all of you for getting that song stuck in my head! When I start singing it later, my husband will surely be calling for the nutwagon to come take me away. madhatter.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:13am
post #79 of 196

"underwater crack pipe" ROFL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I needed a good laugh! You guys are so much fun! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:33am
post #80 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

"underwater crack pipe" ROFL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I needed a good laugh! You guys are so much fun! icon_biggrin.gif

That's underwater BONG!!! Thanks Melivra! icon_rolleyes.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:00am
post #81 of 196

Okay -so I combined from two posts!!! (call it artistic license???)LOL

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:13am
post #82 of 196

this is fun! (and you all have my sides splitting!) icon_lol.gif

does 'above the sea' count? i made this for a friend's father's birthday a while back (i know, i know, it's not as recent as you'd like)

i am also making a luau cake for my cousin's 21st at the end of june. can i post that too when the time comes?? i have a million billion ideas for it!! YAY!!
LL

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:30am
post #83 of 196

I don't see why it wouldn't count - you could always say that's what it looked like BEFORE it sank to "under" the sea icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:33am
post #84 of 196

That certainly fits jescapades! And yes... please post your luau cake even if it's a little past June. We don't mind. We aren't too terribly fussy about that stuff! icon_wink.gif

Crack pipe, bong, whatever... it's all paraphenalia! icon_wink.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:34am
post #85 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrctermite

I don't see why it wouldn't count - you could always say that's what it looked like BEFORE it sank to "under" the sea icon_lol.gif

ha ha ha ha ha! actually my friend told me it had a little accident before it got home, so it might very well have sank! (sunk? sinked? lol)

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 3:17am
post #86 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrctermite

ha ha ha ha ha! actually my friend told me it had a little accident before it got home, so it might very well have sank! (sunk? sinked? lol)

Oh no!!! You gotta hate hearing that! I'm so sorry. icon_cry.gif But at least you can find humor in it? icon_rolleyes.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 10:02pm
post #87 of 196

So I'm wondering, who all has posted and who has still to post??

NancysFancy Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:17pm
post #88 of 196

Hey W.buns!!
I'm one of the laggards that has still not posted. Actually, I will later tonight but I'm totally cheating!!!! ( Things got busy, I needed the $$, and I'm a real HO when I have to choose between paying work or "fun" stuff.) So, I'm posting an OLD cake and a new lobster job but nuthin' JUST for the new Theme club.
And I apologize to my bud, Bob, that I can't fit in the bubba-under the sea-wedding-squid scene that I had planned. I'm hangin' my head and will try harder next month.
Ah, and Bob, where's your post?

Melvira Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 11:21pm
post #89 of 196

Nancy!! I am ashamed of you!! How DARE you put the good of your family before our little fun here!?!? Hahahah! Ok, we expect to have our socks knocked off!!! I can't wait, personally!

NancysFancy Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 12:30am
post #90 of 196

Oh, THANKS for the pressure, Melvira!!! These entries won't be knocking the socks off anyone.

The cake photo is ancient. It's a cake I designed but adapted from a Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine a year or two ago. I believe I made this sucker about 50 times!!! (while I was working at a bakery).

The lobsters are new for an order. I don't want to see the bright red stained teeth of the guests at this party!! EWWWW
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%