Do You Think This Would Work??

Decorating By TheCakeSmith Updated 5 Jun 2007 , 3:21pm by TheCakeSmith

TheCakeSmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeSmith Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 13

I was looking at the wondermold pan the other night and I decided that it would make a really cue flower pot cake if turned upsidedown. I just don't know if the cake would be stable enough. What do you think??

12 replies
TheCakeSmith Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 13

LOL, Is this such a bad idea that no one even wants to post about it?? icon_lol.gif

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 13

I think it would be cute, but I don't have the wondermold, so I haven't ever tried it. It might be a little top heavy, but depending on what kind of flowers you're going to put in it, it might not matter. If you were going to try to do a cupcake bouquet on top it would probably need something more stable, but chocolate transfers would look great and probably work well. Sorry, I can't give much more than an I don't know, but it sounds interesting!

Randi

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 13

I would bake a small round tier and put as the base and cut a circle out of it to fit the small end of the wonder mold.

blessedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedcakes Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 13

yes. You can use the wondermold to make flowerpots. I would recommend a pound cake if you plan to put cookie flowers on sticks into the cake. They can get heavy.

I think the wondermold is actually suggested in the Wilton 06 book as a flower pot.

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 13

I actually made a flower pot cake this way. It turned out nice, but I didnt' get a picture of it. However, when I was taking it to my mom's birthday party, it was in the back of the car under the sunlight and it slipped (I had torted and filled it). I was able to get it back together without too much difficulty, but it didn't look the same after.....

HTH

Jen

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 13

How about if you did a round cake and then cut some of the wonder mold narrow end down then cut out the round cake so that the narrow end of the wondermold sat down in it some,sorta like the dish alot of pots have to hold excess water at the bottom?? Hope this made any sense.

Dawn

TheCakeSmith Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 13

I just want to put some like cartoonish fondant flowers attached to some floral wire. I'm going to try...It's just for MIL, LOL.

randipanda Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 6:53pm
post #9 of 13

Good luck on your cake! It does sound like fun. I'm glad to here of another use for that mold, I've considered buying it for awhile, but can never quite decide to do it since it only is for the one type of cake....but if it is a flower pot too...might just sway the vote enough.

randipanda Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 6:54pm
post #10 of 13

Good luck on your cake! It does sound like fun. I'm glad to here of another use for that mold, I've considered buying it for awhile, but can never quite decide to do it since it only is for the one type of cake....but if it is a flower pot too...might just sway the vote enough.

randipanda Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 6:54pm
post #11 of 13

randipanda Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 6:55pm
post #12 of 13

TheCakeSmith Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 3:21pm
post #13 of 13

Yeah! The 'water catcher' cake is a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%