Graduation Cookie Ideas

Baking By JRAE33 Updated 5 Jun 2007 , 8:39pm by JRAE33

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 13

My nephew is graduating from high school and we are giving the gift
every graduate wants...CASH icon_smile.gif But I don't want to just give the boring gift of cash in a card, so was thinking of baking him up a bunch of cookies, too. He has quite the sweet tooth so I know he'll love the combo of cash and cookies! Anyways, I was originally going to do the traditional graduation cookies (cap, school mascot, etc...), but now I'm thinking maybe I should do something a little more fun. He's really into sports as well as hunting and fishing. Any ideas how I could tie one of those theme's in with graduation?! TIA Jodie

12 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 13

How about a boat with something cute written on it? You could do the same thing with a shot gun and maybe have the end look like a cartoon type blast that says Way To Go Graduate or something. I dont have much with the cookie shapes but you should definetly put them on sticks and do the cookie bouquet thing! I would even decorate the pot with graduation and sports stuff on it. You could get a terracotta pot and paint it and put stickers all over it or something. Then put your cookies in it and fill it with raffia or something that matches.

DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 13

I like weirkd's boat idea. A bookworm cookie shape would work well too. You have a worm for bait and a cap for graduation. Cookie bouquets are great, just make sure you use a cookie dough that doesn't come out really soft after baking or they will break and fall off the sticks (speaking from experience). Think of fun containers for the cookies too, like a tackle box.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 13

OOOH! A Tackle box is a great idea! Then he can use it afterwards! Although I dont know how you would get cookies to stick up from that. Maybe just lay them flat?

mrsmicbau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmicbau Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 13

Well... what about cookies like look like money!! The larger the amount - the better. That was the first thing I thought ... HTH

DCHall Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

OOOH! A Tackle box is a great idea! Then he can use it afterwards! Although I dont know how you would get cookies to stick up from that. Maybe just lay them flat?

You can use floral foam and it will hold the sticks in place very well.

JRAE33 Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 13

Okay...I'm liking the tackle box idea. Could have blue tissue paper sitting on the floral foam to represent water. Then set fish cookies right on the paper. Then I could have a book worm cookie with a graduation cap on the stick for the fish bait. That would be really cute! I'm liking this idea. Now I need a cute saying to tie together the fishing theme with graduation. Any suggestions?! Love the ideas so far. Thanks for the input icon_smile.gif Jodie

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 3:45am
post #8 of 13

What kind of hunting does he do?? My DH is an avid deer hunter- so I have a deer (buck) cutter. They have pretty big racks- and you could weave some dollar bills (5's if he's lucky) through them...put them all in a bouquet in a terra cotta pot that you paint in camo colors and write on the pot "Here's a few bucks for a deer grad"... or something like that!

JRAE33 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 13

Oh, I like the Buck idea, too! That's a good one. Not sure if I have time to do that as party is Sunday and I don't have a cutter. However, his brother graduates in a couple of years and is a big hunter as well...I think I know what he's getting icon_smile.gif Love that idea!!

Still thinking I'll probably do the fishing theme, but need a cute tag line...any ideas?!

Thanks! Jodie

DCHall Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 3:20pm
post #10 of 13

Too bad it's not for Valentine's Day because I can think of a great tag line... I'm "hooked" on you.

I'm still working on one for graduation though. I'll keep thinking.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 6:52pm
post #11 of 13

"It was a long hard swim upstream" Congratulations!

"My diploma is this big.. no- THIS BIG!"

"Congrats on reeling in that diploma!"

"And now... bigger fish to fry!"

HTH

maladymay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maladymay Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 7:15pm
post #12 of 13

How about a fish or deer with graduation caps on? icon_lol.gif

JRAE33 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 8:39pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks, Cakesonoccassion! Love the tag lines!! I'm thinking I'll go with "congrats on reeling in that diploma".

I love all the help I get here on CC! Thanks for everyone's input! Now I not only have my theme for his graduation gift but for his brother as well! How cool!

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%