Nuttella Chocolate

Baking By Chandnibob Updated 28 May 2009 , 6:29pm by crystalina1977

Chandnibob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chandnibob Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 18

I have ran out of vanilla extract & cream. I was wondering, what if I beat butter & sugar till light & creamy. Then add in "Nuttella chocolate spread". Would that taste nice? & if so how much sugar,butter & nuttella do u think I should add in? Any suggestions please? thank u all

17 replies
Chandnibob Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 18

Any suggestions any1?

Chandnibob Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 18

I finally tried it! I mixed together alittle butter, cream cheese & icing sugar till light & creamy. Then I added in Nutella Chocolate spread. At 1st it was too thick so I added a little milk. Am not an xpert at baking, though I love to eat (icon_wink.gif), it tastes yummm! My son loves it!

zenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zenu Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 5:19am
post #4 of 18

Was this for a filling? I have a book by Dede Wilson and she used Nutella as a filling for the cake.

Chandnibob Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 6:17am
post #5 of 18

Actually no, it wasn't for a filling, but can be used. Its chocolate. Though if I were to use it as a filing I think I would make small cake balls with the chocolate filling or small cupcakes & use the chocolate as filling. I used it as a frosting for a 9" round cake. Layered at the centre & top. If made alittle thick then I think can pipe also, though I just spread it over. I didn't refrigerate it, just left it out, covered. Thailand being so hot, it did not melt, infact it crust well. Was crunchy to taste, not too sweet, just perfect. I loved it, so did my son. My H does not eat cakes much,he's not really fond of it, but he too loved the cake (A recipe I got from CC. I think it was 'Easy chocolate cake') with the chocolate nutella frosting.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 12:34am
post #6 of 18

Try melting 1/2 cup of Nutella in the microwave and mix it in with regular old boxed brownie mix, prepared to the specs on the box. To die for!

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 23 Jul 2007 , 12:43am
post #7 of 18

Wow! Michellenj I am going to try that, mixing the nutella with brownie mix. I have a jar and was just waiting for the right recipe to "break it out". Yes, some people break out a bottle of wine to celebrate I have a jar of nutella!!!

Thanks

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 3:30am
post #8 of 18

O, my mom came up with a Nutella Mousse for a cake filling once.

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 8:48am
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Try melting 1/2 cup of Nutella in the microwave and mix it in with regular old boxed brownie mix, prepared to the specs on the box. To die for!

Is this filling or frosting?????? icon_smile.gif
Thanks,
Susie

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 5:25pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka4lyfe20

O, my mom came up with a Nutella Mousse for a cake filling once.

ohh- sounds yummy-- would you mind sharing please?!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:41pm
post #11 of 18

I'm saving this thread. You folks with these great Nutella recipes should post on the recipe section. IMO this stuff is directly from the gods and I would love to have easy access in the recipe section. Just a suggestion...

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 4:19am
post #12 of 18

This is the best Nutella recipe ever!

1 jar Nutella
1 package of graham crackers
1 knife

Spread Nutella generously on cracker. Eat.

YUM! icon_lol.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:12pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

1 jar Nutella
1 knife

YUM! icon_lol.gif

Sounds a heck of a lot easier to make and clean up than any other recipe! thumbs_up.gif

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:50pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

1 jar Nutella
1 knife

YUM! icon_lol.gif

My father-in-law also likes it spread on bananas. Sounds weird, but tastes great! I've also used it as a filling for banana cake & it's FABULOUS!!!

Bec

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 11:54pm
post #15 of 18

Put 1/2 tsp Nutella in wonton wrappers,fold over,seal, deep fry for approx 1 minute, dust with icing sugar & prepare to be amazed at how something soooo simple can taste so yummy.

TanuvasaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TanuvasaMama Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 12:06am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpy

Put 1/2 tsp Nutella in wonton wrappers,fold over,seal, deep fry for approx 1 minute, dust with icing sugar & prepare to be amazed at how something soooo simple can taste so yummy.

oh my gosh, my mouth is watering just reading this.

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:22pm
post #17 of 18

my favorite use for Nutella is:

Cut up fresh strawberries into slices. Spread Nutella on 2 pieces of ciabatta bread and layer strawberries on top...close bread together to form a sandwich...heat a panini maker or heat up a grill pan and spray with PAM and cook until bread is lightly toasted, Nutella is oozing out and strawberries are slightly warmed.......yummmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyy!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:29pm
post #18 of 18

mmm nutella won tons sound awesome...i normally like it spread directly on a nice fat ripe strawberry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%