Freezing Cake Balls

Decorating By camouflagegirl Updated 3 Jun 2007 , 10:25pm by ConnieSue

camouflagegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camouflagegirl Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 4

My DH and I have a family reunion to go to this weekend, and I was wondering how far in advance I could make, crumble, and ball my cakes. Is it even possible to mix the frosting into the cake and ball them to freeze, or when they go bad? If anyone has any advice on this, I would appreciate it, as I would like to start on these as soon as possible...I have to make around 200+.

Thanks.

3 replies
praetorian2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
praetorian2000 Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 4

I've made cake balls and have frozen them with no problems. I've even kept them in the refrigerator for a bit before bringing them in to my co-workers. And then they had them sitting around for a week before they were finished. So I would say you could make them and either freeze or refrigerate them for the week until you need them. Mine were also dipped when I froze them.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 4

I always form my cake balls, with the buttercream added for moistness, freeze on waxed paper, and then transfer to a tupperware box until I am ready to dip them. I've kept these in the freezer for 2 weeks or so and they stay good. I'll make a hundred or so and then just dip as needed!

ConnieSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieSue Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 4

I freeze mine and dip them when I need them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%