Are Rude Comments On Your Photos Normal On This Site?

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 3 Jun 2007 , 9:22pm by kdnicoson

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:28pm
post #31 of 50

I just looked at your Dora cake and -first--it's fabulous; second--there is now negative remark that I saw--has it been removed? I hope so.

I go by the rule; " If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all"

I feel sorry for someone who's life is so shallow they only get jollies from putting down other people--I agree with the previous post--I think it's jeolousy!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:29pm
post #32 of 50

what a hateful person! Don't pay any attention to her - How sad her life must be.

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:31pm
post #33 of 50

All I have to say, "You go girl!" Your work is marvelous and it sounds as if she may be a tad bit jealous. If I gotten a remark like that and I know that my work was nice it would only make me stronger and better because I know that there are haters out there and I love haters they just make me better. More power to you. YOU GO GIRL!!

Much love,
Cynita

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:33pm
post #34 of 50

Its funny because I was looking at your Dora cake yesterday and thought it looked Awesome! Definetly someone with too much time on their hands or jealous of your work. Shrug it off. Theres no trueth to the comments. Your cake buddies are here for you! Get her girls!

feverfixer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feverfixer Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:39pm
post #35 of 50

The cake looks great! I love it!
l just wanted to share a story. A couple of years ago my then 16 year old nephew logged on to the internet with my info. He then posted obscene and spiteful messages in knitting and cooking forums under my name! l nearly got cancelled by my ISP. I never knew anything until I got a cancellation notice!
Just a word of warning! She may not even know this was posted! Also, protect your passwords!
Diane

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:44pm
post #36 of 50

..and if you notice, your under the "popular cake photos".

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:48pm
post #37 of 50
Quote:
Quote:

Probably a Dora hating teenager.

I was just thinking that the minute I started reading this thread!

I've been involved with other forums as a member of a gaming guild, and I can without a doubt spot the "I think I'm a bad-ass" teenager trash talk a mile away!

Don't worry about it gal! And your cake was fantastic!! I wish I did that well!!

Keep up the great work!!!

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:50pm
post #38 of 50

I couldn't even fathom posting something nasty on someone elses cake pics. (Even on the nasty cakes, which by the way crack me right up icon_lol.gif )
Maybe like feverfixer said it was someone else. I think your cake is outstanding. I wouldn't give it another thought. thumbs_up.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:53pm
post #39 of 50

Shame on her...ALL of your cakes are really nice! I especially like Betty Boop and great job on Spidey.

A big fat raspberry to the rudie :p

A belated welcome to CC BTW!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:55pm
post #40 of 50

I guess the word got through to Heath and Jackie, the comment is no longer there. I hope she was asked to leave the forum, we don't need people like that here. I have no idea why someone gets enjoyment out of doing things like that. It is mean spirited and nasty.
I had someone on another forum do something similar to me and it wasn't just on a photo, she took after me nearly every time I posted, she would always post something negative or argumentative. She once posted on a gumpaste Rubrum Lily I made and insisted that I had used a real flower in the photo and she could prove it by taking the picture to a florist. WHAT The??? The administrator did nothing about it until this woman started in on the mods, made friends with another mod. who also had a nasty mouth, then the two of them begin to read the private PMs between the mods, through the friend she made and they emailed the pms to every member. Both were banned, got together and formed their own forum which lasted less than a year. When they closed, one of them wrote to each member about how she had been stabbed in the back by her friend. Gee, there's a surprise. You lie down with dogs you get fleas, yes?
I am really sorry this happened to you. I haven't seen the other comments she left in the gallery but she must have had a good time entertaining herself for awhile. Just try and let it go. Your cake is very cute, and her comments or opinions hold no weight with us. You can bet she has been bombarded with PMs and emails today.

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 5:59pm
post #41 of 50

I love that Dora cake. So great done. icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:08pm
post #42 of 50

Your cake is great, I just commented on it in the gallery. Mean people do not belong on here. I saw she had been removed. Don't let her upset you. Fortunately, there are more good & decent people here than bad.

melissafletcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissafletcher Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:13pm
post #43 of 50

I am a newbe and I don't say things like this. I say if someone hates dora don't look at the picture. if you don't like the cake then don't look. I love this site and everyone has been so nice and I love coming to cc. thumbs_up.gif

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:23pm
post #44 of 50

When I first started on CC I got a really nasty comment on one of mine. I just pm her and asked her if she knew me and had I offended her. That if she had a problem with me personally, that was fine but there was no need to be down right snotty.
She took her comment off later. I don't know if I embarrassed her or what. Don't let people like that bother you. Katemary is probably miserable in life. Like my pastor said this a.m. in the church service. MISERY LOVES COMPANY. Ignore her. Don't be her company!!!!!

LU

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:35pm
post #45 of 50

the same person made a couple of comments on my tank cake and my thomas cake last night, I thought they were rude myself.. when I woke up this morning, they were gone... so I figured it must have been a problem child dealt with... good on CC icon_smile.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:36pm
post #46 of 50

i agree, there is no need for rude comments in a forum where we are all here to support. but, at the same time, it's hard to judge tone in written form. people should think before they write, just as they should before they speak.

it boggles my mind how someone could get their jollies from trying to make someone feel bad. it's just not what civilized people do.

i saw your dora and diego cake and it's wonderful! in fact, i am headed back to comment on it now. don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. for the most part, everyone here is friendly and supportive and it seems those who aren't are clearly made aware they are not welcome.

welcome to cc. i am so sorry one of your early experiences here was a bad one and i hope you stick with us.

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:42pm
post #47 of 50

Rudeness should not and will not be tolerated. I looked at your cake and it was great. My daughter loves Dora and Diego and would love to have that cake. We are all on hear to talk and get maybe constructive critisism so that we get better. But utter rude comments are uncalled for.
GReat cake! Dont let her bother you and please stay and welcome to CC.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:44pm
post #48 of 50
Quote:
Quote:

Katemary is probably miserable in life. Like my pastor said this a.m. in the church service. MISERY LOVES COMPANY. Ignore her. Don't be her company!!!!!

SMART PASTOR! I think you cake is adorable! I've never seen RI transfers before. It gives such a nice "crisp" look! I hate RI or I would try it! LOL

Beth in KY

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 6:50pm
post #49 of 50

LoriMc your cakes by they way are great, cookies too! I love the concept of a RI transfer, never thought of it or heard of it. Do you do it the same as a an FBCT just don't freeze it?

kdnicoson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdnicoson Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 9:22pm
post #50 of 50

Of course I had to go check out your cake and it is so cute!! I actually had saved your Spiderman cake in my faves awhile back. I am thinking a doing one like it for my son's bday cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%