What Exactly Is A J-Ello Cake?

Decorating By CIndymm4 Updated 30 May 2005 , 8:19am by veejaytx

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:25am
post #1 of 7

I've seen several of these posted in the past couple week and was wondering what that is exactly? Is it a kind of technique and if so, how do you do it?

6 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:33am
post #2 of 7

good question Cindymm4 .. I want to know too lol

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:43am
post #3 of 7

Are you talking about nejiad's milk Jello cakes?

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-1277-cool.html+jello

CIndymm4 Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:53am
post #4 of 7

Yes, that's the ones I was talking about....I read through that thread but now I'm confused.....on her picture she said it was a Three Milk j-ello......I guess I thought that she used some jello on top of her three milk cake. I'm just a little confused icon_confused.gif

CIndymm4 Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:57am
post #5 of 7

Okay, just went back to her picture again, she said she used three different types of milk to make the jello cake so with those previous instructions, I think I can figure it out.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 30 May 2005 , 5:42am
post #6 of 7

Good luck Cindy! I still cannot figure her recipe out! She posted it several weeks ago. If you get it figured out let me know! I would love to learn how to do it.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 30 May 2005 , 8:19am
post #7 of 7

I think I've figured out the recipe from Najiad for the jello. First thing, you grease your mold for the gelatin.

You need 4 cups of milk, one cup to disolve the gelatin (4 packs of Knox unflavored), the other 3 cups you heat and add the 2 cups of sugar to disolve it, but don't let it boil. Just at boiling point remove from heat and add vanilla and mix that in.

Then you add the disolved gelatin to the milk, sugar and vanilla mixture, stir all are disolved completely. Pour in your mold and refrigerate until it is set.

Prepare your drawing by making a gel tracing on waxed paper. When mold is set, unmold it and put it on your cakeboard, and apply the waxed paper tracing.
Then you paint with Wilton (?) colors and brushes.
(remember it is going to be milky white)

If you used a character pan as a mold, I guess you would outline as you would if it were a cake.

This is my interpretation, maybe it will help a little!
Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%