Bct Disaster

Decorating By leahag Updated 30 May 2005 , 11:18pm by SquirrellyCakes

leahag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahag Posted 29 May 2005 , 2:47am
post #1 of 7

I tried a Tinkerbell BCT, and actually piping it and filling it in went great. I peeked at it from underneath, and it looked really good. However, when I placed it, the picture wouldn't peel off the wax paper? Any ideas what went wrong? I used homemade buttercream frosting.
Thanks!

6 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 29 May 2005 , 2:55am
post #2 of 7

I had the same thing happen to me. icon_cry.gif My first BCT went great, I used Dawn's buttercream recipe and it turned out beautiful. My second one I made one fatal mistake... I got confused... I had a batch of Dawn's and a batch of Wilton's both white made in the fridge. Normally I could taste the difference, however I just couldn't decide this time. So I made my transfer and it would not come away from the wax paper-It was the Wilton's icon_mad.gif
I learned my lesson-mark containers and only use Dawn's BC for transfers

leahag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahag Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:05am
post #3 of 7

Is there a recipe or is it something you buy?

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 29 May 2005 , 3:10am
post #4 of 7

It is a recipe from here--go to recipes and do a search for buttercream for frozen transfers. It has butter in it also that I think helps keep it from sticking thumbs_up.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 May 2005 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 7

when you can't get the picture off the paper. I will place the cake with the picture in the fridge to harden back up (usually its because its melted some before placing on the cake) Then with the cake still in the fridge i pull the waxed paper off (this has happened to me on really hot days)

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 30 May 2005 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 7

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1602-ButterCream-Icing-for-Frozen-Transfers.html
I have this recipe saved to my Recipe box since it's highly requested on this site.
One thing that we have found that may make it hard to remove is if you are using cheap wax paper, name brand seems to work better.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 30 May 2005 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 7

This may seem like an obvious queston, but you froze it or at least refridgerated it right? Actually I find freezing it works better. Funny thing is I use the cheap generic brand of waxed paper and never had it stick. I do tend to freeze them overnight just because that works out better for me timewise.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%