Leftover Mmf

Decorating By anku Updated 1 Jun 2007 , 10:02pm by anku

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 8

Hi guys,
Wanted to ask you what do you do to your leftover MMF? Can I store and re-use it? If yes, then what's the best way to store it? Fridge or outside?

Thanks in advance

7 replies
Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 8

I put some crisco on it, wrap it in plastic wrap and then put in a ziploc. I store mine in the kitchen cupboard. It may need a little bit (maybe 10 secs) in the microwave when you use it again, but it should be fine.

HTH

Jen

hoped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoped Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 8

I did the same thing as Jenteach, and it was fine even after several weeks! Just a few seconds in the microwave to soften it up!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 8

MMF lasts forever. Make it into a tight ball, cover it with a thin coating on crisco, wrap it up good and tight. I use plastic wrap, then a small plastic bag and then put it into a good quality zip lock bag. I have several lumps of different colors. They're good for flowers, leaves, all sorts of small stuff. If you don't have a microwave, use the heat from your hands, just squish it around, then knead it a bit and you should be ready to go. (I've even added a drop or two of water to make it soft enough to knead. You just want to be careful not to make it sticky.) Have lots of fun!

jayhawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayhawk Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 8

Well... I wrap mine tightly in plastic wrap and then in a ziploc bag and put it in the fridge. But unfortunately my fiance likes to snack on it, so the concept of "leftover mmf" doesn't really exist in our house! icon_wink.gif

mdutcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdutcher Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 8

I wrap each color in plastic wrap and I have a big tupperware container that I keep in my fridge that I keep all my mmf in. When I need a color, I take it out, cut off the size I need and micro it for a few seconds. You can even put those leftovers back in the fridge.

BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:23pm
post #7 of 8

I just put some crisco on it, wrap it in plastic wrap, a ziploc bag and then a rubbermaid contianer and it lasts a long time, about a month or longer. Like others said just pop it in the microwave a few senconds and knead. I somtimes knead in a little crisco too!

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 10:02pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

You guys are great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%