I'm Here!

Decorating By annieb51 Updated 31 May 2007 , 8:55pm by twindees

annieb51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieb51 Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 16

Hi Everybody,
Today is a big day for me, because I am COMING OUT OF HIDING!!!! icon_biggrin.gif I have been extremely addicted to this site for some time now, and have even been tempted to post a few times...but I am finally doing it! I am a newish cake decorator...completely self-taught, in the Milwaukee area. I have totally fallen in love with the whole cake/cookie scene, I just wish I was better at it! My biggest struggle is definitley getting my icing smooth. I do have pictures of my cakes that I hope to post soon. I have really been loving the supportive community and ideas here on CC! I look forward to getting to know you more!

15 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 16

Hello and welcome!!

I'm a cookie gal, would love to try cakes, and just cannot get enough of CC and all of its wisdom. You are not alone! icon_smile.gif

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 16

Welcome Closet Cake Central-er! *heehee* My name is Cathy and we're glad you decided to come out of hiding. Can't wait to see your pictures. icon_smile.gif

BayouGatorFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BayouGatorFan Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 16

Congrats on getting the guts to come "out of hiding"! I don't do a lot of posts either, but, I do check this site several times a day for the lastest tips!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 16

Welcome to CC, Annie!! I'm sure you will love it here thumbs_up.gif

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 16

Welcome! Welcome!
(rolling out the red carpet for ya!)

I am on step 8 of the 12 step Cake Central Addiction Program and I am loving every minute of it!!! icon_lol.gif
Seriously, I'm glad you have to decided to finally jump out of the cake pan and into the oven!!!!! You will love all the information that is shared by the really great and creative group of people here.

Cynda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynda Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 16

Welcome to CC

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 16

welcome to "posting side" of CC

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 16

Welcome to the world of Cake Central. It is very addictive and you can't kick the habit ....

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:45pm
post #10 of 16

Welcome, enjoy posting. Ask away of your questions you will get a lot of help here.

Just a note when you post your pictures if you would like comments make sure you mark it in your profile to accept comments. Look forward to seeing your pictures. Make sure you check out the "article" section at the top of the page. You will find lots of stuff their too.

Again welcome. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:47pm
post #11 of 16

Well, welcome to your new home! And, from someone who isn't afraid to comment like 15 times on every single thing she reads... I congratulate you on your first post!! icon_lol.gif

ericablondegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericablondegirl Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:49pm
post #12 of 16

Welcome!!!! I am newish also...I think that we will can only get better with each cake/cupcake/cookie we make.

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:51pm
post #13 of 16

Welcome!! You are going to become just as addicted to posting as you were with reading the posts.

BTW, I lived in Oak Creek until I was 7, then moved to Waukesha. At 14 our family moved out of state. I miss Wisconsin. It's such a beautiful state with such nice people.

cheflish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheflish Posted 31 May 2007 , 7:54pm
post #14 of 16

I, too, logged on daily to see what was new - and only recently found the courage to begin posting some of my pictures. The tag line is true...THIS SITE IS ADDICTIVE!!! My DH and DS just lovingly smile at my new obsession as they enjoy the fruits of my labor...

I have enjoyed learning and honing my skills. So many folks have helped me out with answers to questions and tutorials. Great group of people on this site!!!!

Good luck! Can't wait to see your posts!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 31 May 2007 , 8:04pm
post #15 of 16

Welcome to CC! icon_smile.gif Prepare to be addicted to the boards as well icon_wink.gif Also on your "can't get smooth icing" thing... try the Melvira method! it rocks! icon_wink.gif

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 31 May 2007 , 8:55pm
post #16 of 16

Welcome Welcome Welcome,

You are surely going to just LOVE it here.

Now Post away.

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%