Storing Imbc ??

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 8 Jul 2006 , 8:05pm by regymusic

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 4

I have made IMBC & stored it overnight in the refridgerator, next day when I went to use it, it curdeled up & looked like it had melted butter in it... Can IMBC be made ahead of time? If so how do I bring it back to it's fluffiness without curdeling?

Thanks friends!!!

3 replies
nicoles0305 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0305 Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 4

In my experience, if you soften it up a bit in the microwave, or let it sit out. Just be careful putting it in the microwave, keep a constant watch on it and do it in intervals of about 15 secs at a time. You can throw in back in the mixer and let it whip about 5 minuets, and it should go back to its original form. I hope it all works out for you!

~Nicole

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 4

thanks for the responce, I had tried putting half the BC in the mixer & the other half I left @ room temp & they both curdeled on me... icon_sad.gif

regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 8 Jul 2006 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 4

Interesting, this also happened to me this morning. Normally, I heat my IMBC for a few seconds in the microwave. I was in hurry today and decided to just beat it into submission. Well I lost that battle - it curdled and separated like whey. Fortunately, I had only taken out a small amount and still had enough left on which to use my microwave method.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%