Giving Myself A Pat And Kick At The Same Time...

Decorating By missyek Updated 30 May 2007 , 3:46pm by missyek

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 29 May 2007 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 8

Well, I can finally breathe a huge sigh of relief since my sister's wedding is finally over! icon_biggrin.gif I have been barely on CC for the past couple of weeks and I was going nuts! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif But now, I can get back into the grind... icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I am giving myself the pat on the back, because I finally got the cake done and I am actually quite pleased with myself with the end result. Though of course it is not quite how I originally planned, but pretty much no cake I do ever is. icon_razz.gif Here is a pic of the wedding cake and the really small groom's cake that I did:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_575293.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_575323.html

I spent a couple of long weeks making gum paste hydrangeas and roses--breaking many along the way... icon_surprised.gif And this is a good time to specifically thank ShirleyW for helping me througout the process: THANK YOU!!! thumbs_up.gif The only thing I did not do was get a close up of the flowers--DUH!! dunce.gif But I was able to save some from after the wedding so I will be making a little boquet of them within the next week or two. My husband was also a very big help in getting both cakes set up--would have never gotten it done if he was not there. icon_biggrin.gif

Which leads me to kicking myself in the butt... What the heck makes me think I can do this as a business some day?!?! Holy crow I would have to limit myself to one wedding on weekends! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I was telling my husband as we were frantically putting the cakes together (cause we were really late...) that I could never have a business--I can't do this all by myself. He told me I should hire "lackey's" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Which then I promptly said--well that is you right now, right? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Now granted, my entire family was also in the wedding so I do realize that I would have had way more time if I did not have to rush to get my hair done and get ready and get my kids ready, but it still was a bit disappointing that I move way too slow. icon_redface.gificon_sad.gif

In the end, I was happy and so was my sister--which really only matters. Thanks for listening to my little happy cake moment--I usually don't have ones like this! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 29 May 2007 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 8

Those cakes were both breathtaking!!!

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 29 May 2007 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 8

Great Cakes. You should be proud. I'm sure your sister loved it!

Judi

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 29 May 2007 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 8

Holy moly, your wedding cake is beautiful! And that grooms cake...gimme a fork plz!! Great job! Jen

gismo12002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gismo12002 Posted 29 May 2007 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 8

The wedding cake is beautiful!! Well done (but then I expected it from you!--Since coming to this site--you have helped me more than any one person!) Great job! On both cakes!!

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 29 May 2007 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 8

Great job on both cakes!

SimpleAffair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimpleAffair Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:20pm
post #7 of 8

Beautiful cakes...you definitely should do this as a business!!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 30 May 2007 , 3:46pm
post #8 of 8

Wow, thank you all so much! I truly appreciate the kind words--thank you for taking the time to read. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismo12002

The wedding cake is beautiful!! Well done (but then I expected it from you!--Since coming to this site--you have helped me more than any one person!) Great job! On both cakes!!

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!!! icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif I'm glad that some of the things I do can inspire and help others. This really made my day! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%