Like A Kid On Christmas Morning!!!

Decorating By mochaboi Updated 26 May 2005 , 7:34pm by KayDay

mochaboi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mochaboi Posted 25 May 2005 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 14

Today, I graduated from my very trusty GE hand/stand mixer to a BEAUTIFUL Imperial Grey 5 Quart KitchenAid Artisan! I got it on eBay, refurb, for $139.00...OH JOY!!! What to make first?!?! icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 25 May 2005 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 14

Congrats mochaboi icon_smile.gif You're gonna love your new mixer!!

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 25 May 2005 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 14

Congratulations!! I remember when I first got my Artisan. It was only a few months ago, and yes, I too felt like a kid on Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to use it. I even use it to stir my coffee... icon_confused.gif ...alright, maybe not.

Mixee.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:27am
post #4 of 14

I have a refurb. one from eBay too, such a great deal! Congrats on your bargain, and have fun playing with it! icon_biggrin.gif

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 26 May 2005 , 7:07am
post #5 of 14

enjoy with many blessed baking day ahead!!!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 26 May 2005 , 7:16am
post #6 of 14

I cant wait to get a new mixer myself....I have one that I got several months ago...for a little over 100.00 but all the talk has gotten me wanting a kitchen aid!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 May 2005 , 12:04pm
post #7 of 14

Good for you! Not only is the KA great, but it lets you go do something else while it is mixing for you! You are definitely a kid with a new toy! Janice

KayDay Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:02pm
post #8 of 14

The one I have now is enables me to walk away while it works..I cant remember the name of it I will check when I get to the shop...hubby is saying thinks it is a sunbeam or something...but it is on a stand with the tilting head and locking stand etc.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:20pm
post #9 of 14

Yippee!
I love my KA stand mixer as well, I do love the fact that I can turn around to grab something behind me or from somwhere else and still leave the mixer mixing. IT'S GREAT!!

mochaboi Posted 26 May 2005 , 3:43pm
post #10 of 14

You know, that was one of my biggest reasons for getting the KA...I really loathed having to stop to add this and that, grab this...

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 26 May 2005 , 7:21pm
post #11 of 14

congrats mochaboi!! i bought mine from ebay too and i only use it for icings!!! i use my small ones for mixing cake batter.

mochaboi Posted 26 May 2005 , 7:25pm
post #12 of 14

See, Diane, I was thinkin of going the other way...mixing my cakes in the KA and mixing my icings and frostings in my trusty GE...It handled things well..I have no complaints about the GE at all...poor thing, because I know I gave it a true test...from dough to cookies to cake to icings..LOL

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 26 May 2005 , 7:29pm
post #13 of 14

well, since my bowl in the k.a. is soo much bigger, i can mix up much more icing in that than i could with my smaller ones. icon_lol.gif

KayDay Posted 26 May 2005 , 7:34pm
post #14 of 14

Just had to check...mine is a sunbeam mixmaster, so far it is trusty but I want another one too. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%