How Much Do I Charge??

Business By jdogga Updated 3 Jul 2006 , 2:59pm by jmt1714

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 3:59am
post #1 of 5

I have a bride wondering how much it would be for 200 mini wedding cakes for her guests...how much do I tell her?? The cakes would be 2" and 3" each and 3" high. She wants them done in fondant with little dots as the decor. Please help!!!

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 4:23am
post #2 of 5

I have only done a few miniature cake, nothing on a grand scale like this but I wouldn't charge anything less than 8-10dollars, expecially with that fondant. I don't know if this is out of line or not, but I know they are a lot of work.

Can you do poured fondant? It would be easier than trying to smooth fondant on those small cakes.

Leily

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 5:16am
post #3 of 5

Well, if you started at $2.00 per slice, then it would be $400, and if you went with the $3.00 that most start charging for fondant, it would be $600. I would start there....I've never made that many little cakes, but it will be a lot more work than just doing 3 cakes. Also, it could be a lot more baking time if any of them don't come out right.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

icon_smile.gif Sarah

empress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
empress Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 5

I have made one of those little cakes but with buttercream rather than fondant and they are tricky, picky and time consuming. I would not charge less than 10 dollars a peice. Miserable time. icon_sad.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 5

WAY more expensive per servign than a regular cake would be. don't back down on this . . .the labor is much more intensive (but oi'm sure she's thinking it is easier)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%