Cupcakes - Wilton Nut And Party Cups

Decorating By kalatzp Updated 27 May 2007 , 12:41pm by kalatzp

kalatzp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalatzp Posted 26 May 2007 , 7:04am
post #1 of 8

I purchased these nut and party cups by wilton for the purpose of baking cupcakes, but read somewhere that you could not bake in these cups. Has anyone used these cups for baking cupcakes? Thanks

7 replies
mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 26 May 2007 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 8

I have read a few posts about people using them for cupcakes for wedding. I do not see why you could not bake in them?

ahmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahmommy Posted 26 May 2007 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 8

I just did some for a wedding. DO NOT BAKE IN THESE CUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told that I could and it was a HUGE mistake. For some reason the cupcakes would rise to the top and then shrink way down in the cups. Also, the batter would run over and ruin them. I think that it is because the paper that the cups are made of soaked up some of the liquid (or something like that). I did transfer some of the cupcakes into new liners and that worked great. I would suggest doing that, because the cups really do look so much better than the normal CC liners. The only other thing is that the nut cups are really hard to get off the CC. Someone on this site said that I could cut a small snip on them before putting in the batter (or already bake CC) and that would help, but people still found it quite difficult to get them off. So, enough said I guess.

ericablondegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericablondegirl Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 8

I baked in these cups and I normally overfill my cupcakes so I did not have an issue with sinking, however, they were more difficult to remove when it was time to eat...had to make a small cut to be able to peel the cup away. In other words, they looked nice and worked out ok...but I think a traditional cup is still the`way to go.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 26 May 2007 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 8

I bought a bunch of these to bake large quantities of cc's in, but for the life of me can't easily remove them from the cup. Anyone know the trick to getting them out?

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 27 May 2007 , 12:08am
post #6 of 8

I have baked in these cups and have not had any problems with cakes sinking. To get the cake out just pinch the rim and pull gently and the pleats will come undone. Work your way around and when done, the paper will be spread out like a skirt around the cake and you can just lift the cupcake off. Hope this makes sense.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 27 May 2007 , 12:34am
post #7 of 8

I love these cups for my cupcakes! I have pix in my photos. I find they hold up wonderfully.
Yes, they are hard to get out, but all you have to do is make a tiny slit on the side AFTER you've baked and cooled them. I think if you look closely in my cupcake photo, you may see a slit on one of them.

kalatzp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalatzp Posted 27 May 2007 , 12:41pm
post #8 of 8

thanks everyone for all your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%