Love Squeeze Bottles!

Baking By lakaty Updated 10 Jul 2007 , 1:15pm by Hollyanna70

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 6:23pm
post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladefly

hmmmm I think i may have to make a trip to michaels...... are they made by wilton????

Yes, they're made by Wilton. You will probably find them in the candymaking section at Michaels. Use your 40% off coupon, if you can!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 8:07pm
post #32 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesM7

Solecito:
Yes, the bottle has a small neck that the regular screws onto.

Now I need to buy them!!!!!! icon_lol.gif
I have the medium size bottles and started using one to outline and fill my cookies (another very useful tip from CC) and loved it. I guess it's just a matter to find the right consistency. Another great thing about them is if my ri was to thick I could just put a couple of drops of water, close the bottle and shake it. No mess!!

slimkim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slimkim Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:29am
post #33 of 45

O.K. I've changed my mind. I had to do alot of cookies today for a friend and the bottle came in very handy. My wrist is kind of soar, but it was so fast to flood them. No bags to have to keep changing. I'm sold now.

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:43am
post #34 of 45

i used regular squeeze bottles for chocolate work and find it a pain to clean. anyone have any tips for cleaning them?

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:50am
post #35 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingme83

i used regular squeeze bottles for chocolate work and find it a pain to clean. anyone have any tips for cleaning them?

Hot water does the trick for me.

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:36pm
post #36 of 45

When I used them for chocolate, I filled the bottles about 1/2 way with water and a squirt of dishwashing liquid and stuck them in the microwave for 30-45 sec. Then I covered the hole and shook each one. Drain and rinse.

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:37pm
post #37 of 45

To clean I use a bottle brush.....makes it so easy HTH icon_smile.gif

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:08pm
post #38 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis52

Does anyone have a hint on how to fill the bottle? I can't get my icing to flow into the bottle- it keeps clogging up at the neck. I'm afraid to make it too thin. Does someone else use a funnel maybe?

Thanks.
Phyllis

I was at the Wilton site looking for the bottles when I found this... http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E310260-475A-BAC0-592FC83E2DC134E2&fid=3E32C5DA-475A-BAC0-5C7F45CDC88F5682

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 8:09pm
post #39 of 45

I think that Wilton Funnel is exactly what I need! I'm going to order it asap.

Thanks so much for the help thumbs_up.gif

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:18pm
post #40 of 45

I finally used these bottles to do 80 cross cookies for a Christening. They were so easy to use and worked perfectly for the job. I used the tip they come with to flood the cookies and then a #2 tip to do the dots. Maybe I will do cookies more often now!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:43am
post #41 of 45

I just bought mine, can't wait to try them......Thanks for the tip

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:02am
post #42 of 45

I have two medium size bottles I have used for chocolate and thought it was to much of a hassle, never thought to try RI. I guess I'm going to have to make some cookies this week and try it out. Plus I might have to run to Michael's and see what these smaller bottles are like. Oh shoot another trip to Michael's . hehe icon_biggrin.gif

purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 4:31am
post #43 of 45

So are these just the regular bottles used to melt and decorate the chocolate (candy melts) that you can use with a tip?!

That would be cool! =)

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 12:58am
post #44 of 45

Just in case your Michael's store is out...Winbeckler also sells the squeeze bottles that accept tips...I think they are only $1.65 or something like that and they have 2oz sizes and 8oz sizes! I love mine too icon_smile.gif

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 1:15pm
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingme83

What I have done is put the bottle in the refrigerator, or freezer, let the chocolate set, then you squeeze it with your hand and the chocolate just cracks and breaks up and you can shake it right out. Anything left will come out with a regular washing in hot soapy water.

Hope this helps.

Holly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%