Castle Cake Idea Spoiled

Decorating By corrimonaco Updated 30 Jun 2006 , 4:13pm by corrimonaco

corrimonaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corrimonaco Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 7:28am
post #1 of 5

My daughter is turning 4 on saturday...I was all about making a castle cake for her. Got all the stuff, real excited about doing it...then I find out that everyone is too busy to be there. So I dont want to put all that effort into a cake nobody will see and she wont remember, but promised her a castle cake. *also were going to be camping, haha.* So, is there a way to scale it down? or any other ideas?

4 replies
freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 7:43am
post #2 of 5

well if you aren't opposed to spending more money you could buy the wilton shaped pan that is a castle. that would be easier, but if you don't want to buy anything else, I just say you make a basic castle shape out of 8 inch cake, and if you really want to see her eyes light up tell her that she can decorate it. =) ooh ooh, you could use twinkies for the towers and just make a six inch cake. I think that would work for a four year old.

corrimonaco Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 5

Well, spending anymore on this weekend is def out, haha. But ya know, heck with it, ill just make the 8" one like you said...Ill just do it, its my first castle one so I guess it will be good practice. If I screw it up, who will know?? haha

qtdbklyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtdbklyn Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 5

Ohh twinkies, what a great idea.

Please post a picture when you are finished, good luck, I am sure it will come out great and your daughter will love it!

Take lots of pictures to show your daughter when she gets a little older, but she might actually remember it because I still remember the Big Bird cake my mom made me on my 4th birthday - in fact, she just recently passed the pan down to me!!!

corrimonaco Posted 30 Jun 2006 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 5

I will surely post pics and take a bunch for her (I always do) I did an awesome piggy cake and b4 I could post them anywhere, our computer crashed!!!

Anyway, thats so cool your mom saved that pan for you

Thanks for all your input!!! Time to get baking icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%