I Am Scared To Post This...but I Have A Question--Photos

Decorating By nicoles-a-tryin Updated 24 May 2007 , 4:14pm by Janette

nicoles-a-tryin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles-a-tryin Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:08am
post #1 of 15

Hello..I hate to type this and get in trouble. Cause I love this site..>But I have been waiting and waiting..and wondering if it is just me...But everyone know.....I am a computer loser!!!!

Please help me...When I need to look up something...like say 'poodle'...it brings them up in the gallery...then when I hit more photos.....It doesn't bring me to where it did before.....More poodle photos..

I Certainly apologize if This question is somewhere before..I tired to research...and computers truely hate me.

Please and thank you so much!!!! Nicole

14 replies
e2_erin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e2_erin Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:21am
post #2 of 15

Its not you its the site. Ive noticed that too.

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:25am
post #3 of 15

I really miss...looking things up!
I personnally have to imgagation..and need you guys!

Maria071 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria071 Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:30am
post #4 of 15

If you click on galleries and click search at the top you can type in whatever and bring up the old search style

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:08am
post #5 of 15

I just tried it and you are right it doesn't show more. It takes you to the differenct categories. In the forums there is a Bug Report Forum. Please post in that forum the problem you are having so they know to take a look at it.

Pleae do not ever be afraid to ask something here. Everyone is more than willing to help if they can and we have all had to ask questions that we hesitated to ask but are usually very glad we did because everyone is helpful.

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:55am
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria071

If you click on galleries and click search at the top you can type in whatever and bring up the old search style

This way works for now=) the "search" is the one on the pink bar after you click into the galleries tab at the top=) Jen

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 24 May 2007 , 5:27am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbeeBaker

This way works for now=) the "search" is the one on the pink bar after you click into the galleries tab at the top=) Jen

That's the way I've always searched, and it seems to work just fine. I have seen a couple of posts in the Bug Report forum regarding the link from the site search area, so Heath definitely knows about the Site Search "view more photos" issue.

Maybe the "View more photos" should be interpreted as "go to the galleries to see what is available there", rather than "view more of this category of picture".

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 24 May 2007 , 5:34am
post #8 of 15

I went nuts myself until I asked the same question.

You can no longer do the gallery search the way we used to.......and you are still trying to.

Now you have to click the gallery button that is on top of the home page in gray. Then it will bring you to all the photos. Up top there is a button that says search in the pink area. Click that and it will bring up a search area. Type in what you are looking for there and it will bring you to all the photos with your search title.

Don't worry, it's not just you. But try this. You will see it works.

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 15

WHEW!! Thank you so much...See I told you i am a computer LOSER!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:27pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneK

I went nuts myself until I asked the same question.

You can no longer do the gallery search the way we used to.......and you are still trying to.

Now you have to click the gallery button that is on top of the home page in gray. Then it will bring you to all the photos. Up top there is a button that says search in the pink area. Click that and it will bring up a search area. Type in what you are looking for there and it will bring you to all the photos with your search title.

Don't worry, it's not just you. But try this. You will see it works.

Hmmm... this is the way I've always done it - didn't even knwo there was another way previouslY! LOL

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:35pm
post #11 of 15

I'm with berryblondeboys! That's how i've always done it too.

Debbie

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:40pm
post #12 of 15

I didn't know there was another way either lol.
Don't feel bad for asking, at least you researched it first thumbs_up.gif

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:41pm
post #13 of 15

Don't ever be affraid to ask, everyone here is so great and helpful. I was planning on asking that very question but have just been too busy to really sit and search right now.

So, thanks for asking and thanks to those that filled us in on the tricks. thumbs_up.gif

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:59pm
post #14 of 15

thank you sooooo much, i've been trying to figure this out on my own and i'm so glad someone asked lol
thank you
Amy

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 24 May 2007 , 4:14pm
post #15 of 15

Ohhhhhh, you are all in trouble for talking about this icon_razz.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%