Americolor?

Decorating By cakesbykitty Updated 29 Jun 2006 , 12:55am by llj68

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 8:15am
post #1 of 7

i am still discovering all the wonderful products available for decorating cakes. in reading these forums i see americolor mentioned a lot.. icing colors, food writers, etc. Can someone tell me about them? is there a website for them (I am in Alaska, not a lot of options for shopping up here.. it's all got to be shipped in!), are they really better than wilton? would just love some input from folks who have used them. Thanks! Kitty

6 replies
beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 9:17am
post #2 of 7

You can buy Americolors from the "shop" section of this website - they post internationally.
I haven't used Wilton before but IMO the Americolors are good.

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 10:08am
post #3 of 7

Much better than Wilton! You don't need to use as much and they are in squeeze bottles as opposed to getting the gel out with toothpicks. I am a huge convert! icon_lol.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 7

I am definitely a americolor fan. And CC has them for sale at the best price I have found anywhere. Plus they ship internationally =)

Hope you have the chance to try them.

Leily

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 10:45pm
post #5 of 7

Definitely Americolor---do not have to use as much as Wilton and they do not alter the flavor of your frosting.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 10:50pm
post #6 of 7

I had always used Wilton until about 3 mo ago. Saw Americolor on sale and had read a few posts about it on here so I tried it. I love it. Like Missyek, I like not having to use the toothpick--just squeeze it out. Will take a little practice with it to learn how much to use.

Diane

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 12:55am
post #7 of 7

Just be warned---LESS IS MORE!! Seriously, I had a triple recipe of bc that I wanted a tinge of teal in. I put in TWO drops and it was WAY darker than I had hoped it would be.

I tried to lighten it with the white but to no avail.

I love them, though!

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%