Help Person Wants A Green Cake

Decorating By da_goof Updated 29 Jun 2006 , 3:35am by rwarren

da_goof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
da_goof Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 21

Ok here One for the books
a light green cake made with BC and light pink roses with white Cornelli lce on it is that kind of different. It is the pic of a papper i got in one of the pans i got.

I going to try it in my class on friday and see if it looks good or not. to me sounds kind of weird. what you think.

20 replies
cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 21

Hi da_goof ~ Welcome to CC. You'll learn a lot here from all the friendly members.

As for the green cake, I think it would look fine. Of course there are so many different greens to use. I'm sure you'll be happy with. Green and pink are beautiful together...those are colors in nature. icon_smile.gif And the cornelli lace will just add a bit of pizzazz!!
Good luck and above all else.....HAVE FUN!!!

da_goof Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 21

Thank you for the advice i hope it turns out i try and get a pic to put on here when i get it done. the top is going to be devil food and the bottom is going to be spice figure that one of lol. with a light green frosting. well got to get back to the cake baking lol.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 21

I would love to see a pic of your cake. I'm sure it will be wonderful. MMMMMMMMMMMM chocolate and spice. NIce combo!!!

tonenia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonenia Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 21

If you want a pretty light green cake put a box of pistachio (spelling) pudding in it and you will have ther prettiest green cake you ever saw. If you don't want the pistachios in the cake from the pudding you will need to sift them out. Personally I like that and add more!

da_goof Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 21

Cool i will try that never thought of that will it work in BC frousting

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 21

I believe tonenia is saying that the actual cake will turn green if you put pudding in the mix, not the buttercream. I think the best way to tint buttercream is with gel colors. I think that this will be a very pretty cake, I love pink and green together, and white will just make it prettier...

would love to see how the cake turns out.

da_goof Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 10:58pm
post #8 of 21

Ok i took it the wrong way sorry . I though she meant to put the pudding in the BC frosting that what i wanted to know what to use to make it green a very light green.

dianagreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianagreen Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 11:03pm
post #9 of 21

you can make different colors with kool-aid - it will also give it a slight tase of the flavor you use

da_goof Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 11:06pm
post #10 of 21

cool and that is cheap also now to find green kool aid mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 11:11pm
post #11 of 21

Now, let's think about this. If we can all make a red velvet cake, why can't we make a green velvet one? Or a purple velvet one? You could make a pretty shade of green, not too deep like the red velvet cake, and not have to add anything but some food coloring. And the glycerine in the food coloring will help keep the cake moist!

Opinions, anyone?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 11:32pm
post #12 of 21

I thought the same thing when i first heard this combinaton. Then former co-worker made it and it was my favorite cake. I have done quite a few with this combination and love it. I prefer to do it with pastel green and a light pink, but she did one with a neon green and neon pink and it looked cool too.

I would post a picture, but unfortunately I dont' have it on my computer, I took a picture before I had a digital and haven't had access to a scanner to get the rest of my pics on the computer.

But the white cornelli lace really sets it off.

Leily

leily Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 11:47pm
post #13 of 21

Ok after I posted I realized I don't have a scanner, but I do have a digital camera hehe =) So I took pictures of pictures, they aren't the best quality since I was taking them with another camer, but It will give you an idea hopefully what it will look like. Now both of these cakes had green sprayed on them with an airbrush the one with the heart is Buttercream and the other large one is BEttercreme (i hate working with that stuff)

Hope this encourages you to try it!

Leily
LL
LL

leily Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 11:51pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmriga

Now, let's think about this. If we can all make a red velvet cake, why can't we make a green velvet one? Or a purple velvet one? You could make a pretty shade of green, not too deep like the red velvet cake, and not have to add anything but some food coloring. And the glycerine in the food coloring will help keep the cake moist!

Opinions, anyone?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

LOL you guys are staying two steps ahead of me tonight. My grandma always makes her red velvet cake with green coloring at christmas time. She colors one half red and one half green thenshe stacks red/green/red/green. And she has also made it different colors for other holiday events =)

Just to let you know.

Leily

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 11:58pm
post #15 of 21

My mom always made red velvet in different colors for different kids-I loved green, my brother always wanted blue and my sister preferred orange. It is way scary when digested however...

da_goof Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 12:27am
post #16 of 21

ok the cakes are chocolate cake on top and spice cake on the bottom and the BC is going to be green with the pink flowers and white lace.

so i think i going to try the Kool-Aid in the BC it cheap this is just for my class and then I am going to let her take it to work and see what people think she is going to give me the price of what it was to buy the stuff sence it is only a practice cake for school. thank you for all the ideas

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 12:30am
post #17 of 21

I know pink and green sound like they would clash, but here is a cake I did for my mom, I got a lot of compliments on the colours

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 12:33am
post #18 of 21

I LOVE pink and green together! I think it will be beautiful! If you look at the gallery photos, there are a lot of pink and green cakes out there, I think it is popular right now. Maybe if you look at some photos you will see some shades that you like together.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 12:37am
post #19 of 21

I have one on my computer that I saved...no idea who the baker is, but it's gorgeous! I can just imagine this with cornelli lace and pink roses, like you need it to be.
LL

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 12:35pm
post #20 of 21

Oh, that cake is gorgeous, Antonia...I just saved it in my files... icon_smile.gif

rwarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rwarren Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 3:35am
post #21 of 21

Don't worry about your colors clashing. The pale green and the pink sound lovely together.

Some years ago, we inherited some leftover icing that Girl Guides had used to decorate chocolate easter eggs. Big bright colors. Not enough of any one color to do anything substantial, but a bit too much to throw away. "A Guide is thrifty" and all that.

Well I remember taking those bits and pieces, and doing my mom's Mother's Day cake with them. I don't know where the picture is, but it turned out pretty good. I remember this really gaudy purple, among others; but placed next to other colors with a little white mixed in, it wasn't so strange.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%