Crusting Cream Cheese Icing

Decorating By Raisen Updated 27 Jun 2006 , 10:47pm by Raisen

Raisen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raisen Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 12:13am
post #1 of 13

I have a really quick question...I'd like to try the Crusting Cream Cheese frosting...but as silly as it sounds...I have no idea what kind/flavor cake it would taste good with. I dont want to make a carrot cake. Any ideas for a newbie....Thank you birthday.gif

12 replies
TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 12:15am
post #2 of 13

red velvet

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 12:20am
post #3 of 13

Hi: I use the cream cheese icing on yellow and white cake. Vicki0052

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 12:56am
post #4 of 13

Lemon

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 2:39am
post #5 of 13

I used the crusting cream cheese icing on my Old Fashioned Banana Cake...it was great!

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 2:53am
post #6 of 13

I really like it on strawberry cake! I have one in the oven right now, actually.

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 3:52am
post #7 of 13

I need to do a red velvet cake for Wednesday, and I've been wracking my brain to figure out how to do the cream cheese frosting that I want so it would crust and could be decorated on/with. Is that recipe y'all are referring to on this site? I guess I could look.....And i use a fluffy cream cheese icing on red velvet, peach, orange, cinnamon that will be just eaten, not decorated....it's the best! Thanks - PAT

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:02am
post #8 of 13

I almost always use cream cheese icing. It goes with just about anything. I really love it with any kind of chocolate and my personal favorite is cinnamon spice cake. But, I use it with butter cake, white, yellow, red velvet, lemon, you name it.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 4:07am
post #9 of 13

coconut cake...

Raisen Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 9:59am
post #10 of 13

ohhhh...thanks for all the ideas...now to make a decision. The spice cake sounds good- but so does the banana cake... icon_lol.gif

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 10:18am
post #11 of 13

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM icon_biggrin.gif cinnamon spice cake.....got to make one pretty soon - thanks for the suggestion! PAT

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 7:42pm
post #12 of 13

For Father's Day, I made a cake for my brother with Lorann's cream-cheese flavoring added to a butter cake , and frosted it with the crusting cream cheese recipe. It was FANTASTIC! My brother's favorite dessert is cheesecake, and he says this is now his NEW favorite!

Raisen Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 10:47pm
post #13 of 13

I checked out the recipes on this site... but only see "APPLE spice cake". Maybe I'm missing it. Does anyone have the recipe for "Cinnamon Spice" cake? Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%