Serious Cake Topper Idea Help Needed

Decorating By ASupergirl Updated 11 Jul 2013 , 2:18am by vtanderson

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:45am
post #31 of 99

Ooh! I got it! A piggy bank on top of the cake!

But I do like the folded-money rose idea.

Deanna

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:53am
post #32 of 99

I have no ideas about what to put on top - I personally like the scroll heart idea - however, as a former Army wife she'll grow up super fast or she'll do one of two things - ruin his military career or get a quick divorce from him.

Rachel

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 3:08am
post #33 of 99

Ya'll (showing my southern now..lol) This is so funny! I've been laughing so hard icon_lol.gif at your comments - thank you all for the lift today thumbs_up.gif
Since all the Christmas stuff goes on sale around Thanksgiving, why not get a decent bell or set of bells (1/2 price of course). Or Big Lots may even have plastic silver bells - she doesn't have to know where they came from - worth a shot since your fotting the bill on this thumbs_up.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 3:20am
post #34 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsright41401

she'll grow up super fast or she'll do one of two things - ruin his military career or get a quick divorce from him.

My thinking as well. This chick needs to go before she ruins your BIL's life, I am sorry to say. How about an American flag in appreciation of her (hopefully not) future husband's dedication which allows her to be a prissy whiner with freedom of speech? usaribbon.gif

This is a tough one. I say have her pick it or it gets NO topper.

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 11:29am
post #35 of 99

Oh you guys make me giggle on all of this....I love getting home from third shift (working with pathetic whiners and all they do is work in a cookie factory!?!?!?)....anywhoo...I love reading this. Here is the dillio on the military career thing. Both of parents and then her step-father are military. My father-in-law is a retired Chief from the Navy. The groom was going to make a career out of the Army so he signed up for six years to start out with. He hasn't even been in a whole year and all ready he has said now that he wants out of it. Three months ago I found her myspace webpage about wanting to commit suicide with razor blades because he wasn't with her and how she hated the Army.....Are we getting a clearer picture now?? icon_smile.gif So even though both families are littered with Military....she hates them too....Aren't you guys loving this plot thickening story!!!!! icon_lol.gif The only thing she said about a topper was this....and I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO DO THIS!!!!!! (It shows how immature she is about it all) She wanted the couple called "The Tiff" from Wilton where the backs of the couple are together and their arms are crossed or she said that we should put an African American couple on top of the cake because it would be funny....Okay!!!! NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!! AND TWO HER STEP-FATHER IS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN- HOW DISRESPECTFUL!!!!! I will not put either one of those on top of a cake that I have made. For the style of cake that she wants it would look awful and not to mention people would think I was the idiot and not her. To make the story even bigger....you all know that he is home on leave for two weeks and she has every day planned out so it isn't with the family- literally-.....My husband, oldest of the brothers, calls every number they have and finally gets ahold of them at her parents house (where she still lives rent free and her mother pays her $75 a week to clean the house) to see if they would go out to dinner with us- our treat of course. She picks up and says "Who is this?" My husband asks if he was there and ...she said "Well, yeah!" so hubby asks "Can I talk to him???" (like she was a moron) "Well I guess so." was her response!?!?!?!?!?! Hubby was so livid that he said last night...."F$%^# the cake. I shouldn't have to ask to talk to my own bleeppppping brother.".......dun dun dunnnnnn and the plot thickens again guys and gals....Hope you like this version of a soap opera...I think I should call it...."As the cake melts...." What do you think?!?! HAHA AHAHAHAHA icon_lol.gif

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 11:50am
post #36 of 99

I wouldn't be planning very much for the cake - I doubt they make it to December......Tell HER to get the topper she wants - that SHE pays for or the cake will not have one.....or (bad evil thoughts....a sign on top with a good local lawyer for your BIL)
She needs to learn to grow up and by people giving in to her she never will....

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 11:53am
post #37 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

My thinking as well. This chick needs to go before she ruins your BIL's life, I am sorry to say. How about an American flag in appreciation of her (hopefully not) future husband's dedication which allows her to be a prissy whiner with freedom of speech? usaribbon.gif

Wow-that was well spoken!!

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 12:14pm
post #38 of 99

African American couple on top of the cake because it would be funny....Okay!!!! NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!! AND TWO HER STEP-FATHER IS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN- HOW DISRESPECTFUL!!!!! I will not put either one of those on top of a cake that I have made.

ok u lost me on this part y does she want black people for her topper, is she black is he black i am lost sorry.......

newcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakelady Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 2:21pm
post #39 of 99

How about an outhouse? Or a toilet? icon_lol.gif Sounds like that's where their marriage will be (if they make it that far).

mistiek2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistiek2006 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 8:53pm
post #40 of 99

I agree that she should buy the topper since she is so picky. After all she should pay for something in her wedding. Here's an idea---what about the poisoned apple from snow white??? You could just tell her it was sugared fruit. Or better yet inject it with a laxative and warn everyone else not to eat it. That would be a hilarious wedding night story in the years to come. lol. Good Luck you're going to need it.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 9:01pm
post #41 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

I have no ideas to suggest, but I just had to say this is the funniest thread I have read since the one about the bride who was getting married in the parking lot...

a parking lot? really???

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 28 Jun 2006 , 9:06pm
post #42 of 99

How about two miniature champagne glasses on top tied together with a little white ribbon? Very simple and you can get them at Michaels, since she has champagne taste.

Or is she scared of glasses too?!! Or maybe she'd be afraid of the ribbon.

No...I bet she'd complain because there wasn't real wine in the glasses!

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 3:54am
post #43 of 99

Ok forget the fruit and tiara. How about three tier cake. On one tier, put business card of marriage counsellor, on second level put business card of psychologist, and for the topper, a business card of a divorce lawyer. That should just about cover it.

ASupergirl Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 11:27am
post #44 of 99

All right folks...as you can tell per the time of this entry....I'm off work and home again....arggg...Yesterday I talked to my mother-in-law and guess what.......She said to do flowers and all of this other stuff that everybody else wants but the bride...haha hahaha....and she also said forget the cookie monster or kermit grooms cake.......SHE WANTS ME TO DO A BIKINI CAKE with a CAMO BIKINI!!!! HA HAHA HA....This is awsome and hilarious...I never thought of it. But it would be perfect and the bride would hate it, but it would be a hit!!!!! Soooooo I think we are going to go for it. I thought my MIL was going to throw up when she heard how much this cake was going to cost. When I told her it would feed 200 or so people (not including the top tier or the grooms cake) because that is what the bride said would be.....My MIL laughed and said noooo the count that she heard was about 100 if everyone came...But we all know their are no save the date cards...soooo this cake is who knows what now....But here is the interesting part in all of this........TONIGHT....THE PARENTS MEET!!!?!?!?!?!? ahhhhhhhhhh.....It should be fun or should I say funny!!! My MIL said not to remind her about having to meet them. This is going to be one interesting day!!!!! Good Night everyone---I'm off to get some sleep!! icon_smile.gif

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 12:51pm
post #45 of 99

This is better than a soap opera!

I'm riveted!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 2:41pm
post #46 of 99

I can't wait for next episode (I'm so bad) icon_biggrin.gif This is better then soap operas.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 4:33pm
post #47 of 99

Soooooo.........? Have we gotten the latest installment of "As the Frosting Spreads"?

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 4:40pm
post #48 of 99

Let me guess.... The future SIL seems to think the family is against her; she decides the day before the wedding that she doesn't want to get married after all. She likes the cousin Bubba.

mistiek2006 Posted 29 Jun 2006 , 8:46pm
post #49 of 99

Or better yet she decides at the last minute that she wants to be a nun who runs off the work for the circus. What do you think guys?

imakecakes Posted 1 Jul 2006 , 9:14pm
post #50 of 99

Asupergirl, whatever happened with the meeting of the parents? Did everyone behave themselves?

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 1 Jul 2006 , 9:41pm
post #51 of 99

As The Cake Burns......

I have two ideas for a topper. The first she will probably hate because it's a statement about her champagne tastes on a beer budget. Ready? Two PINK noses molded out of fondant with the one representing her turned up like the snob she wants to be.

If that doesn't do it for her, just put a 8X10 picture of Bridezilla on top of the cake. After all, isn't the day 'all about her'?

imakecakes Posted 2 Jul 2006 , 8:13pm
post #52 of 99

I have to say that I have a SIL from hell so I can relate! They actually sound like they could be related....

(Just to give you an example: When my brother was returning home from 14 months in Iraq, she wouldn't let any of us know when he was coming home exactly, so she and her family would be the only ones at the airport to welcome him.-Excluding his own parents and siblings! Then she made him promise to spent his first 2 weeks home alone with her so they could "Reconnect". It drove us nuts not to be able to see him for a full two weeks after his return! So, trust me, the wedding is just the beginning of your heartache! )

I feel so badly for my brother sometimes. He knows how she is and that she "has control issues", but he loves her and he says she makes him happy. The rest of us don't get it, but respect that he's 37 years old and able to make his own decisions. We just Pray that one day he "Wakes up" and in the meantime, she keeps her fear of being pregnant and doesn't procreate! None of us can imagine what it would be like to have her for a mother!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 2 Jul 2006 , 9:48pm
post #53 of 99

First, don't worry about the cake and what it looks like. If your family gets very lucky, it will never happen. If it does, no matter what you do it will be "tacky-rolls eyes." Not because it is, but because you, an in-law, made it. Don't buy any new equipment for the cake. You will just kick yourself later if you do. Make her a pink cake with scrolls forget the topper unless she brings you something. Do a nice job and forget about it. Although I think I would have a simple topper ready to go, just in case she starts having a hissy fit at the last minute because it is just too boring!

ASupergirl Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 1:58am
post #54 of 99

Okay folks...I'm baaaaacccckkkkk. I just spent allllll day with the two of them. Me and hubby bought lunch. We came back and ironed out the details of their cake----it's totally something different now (will tell you about it tomorrow)-----something that is affordable to me and my husband and that they like and agreed to as well. Signed on the dotted line and everything and agreed to noooo more changes or somebody else could do the cake. An as a favor for taking us out to lunch and working on the cake stuff......THEY BOUGHT DINNER!?!?!?!? I think I'm getting a clearer picture now on the whole situation....it's not her or him....it's my MIL who is causing the problems......I told her about what they wanted for a cake and she HATES IT!!!!! ABSOLUTELY HATES IT!!!! Said that it was stupid and so were they for picking it.....Oh my goodness and Holy Monkey!!!! The soon to be sister-in-law even asked me today if I wanted to go shopping and hangout together on Wednesday?!?!?!!?!? HOLY MONKEY!!! I'll finish the rest of this tomorrow- getting ready to go to work. But there is no problems now.....she even picked a topper!!!!!!!! WEIRD!!!!!! Night folks!!!....till tomorrow for the rest of the story.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 2:03am
post #55 of 99

OMG, I am totally sitting on the edge of my seat now!! What a switch! I can't wait til you have time to tell us about this turn of events!!

mistiek2006 Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 2:05am
post #56 of 99

A Supergirl, whatever you do, DO NOT GET STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR MIL AND NEW SIL. She may be a really sweet person that is really shy or she may be a total monster who knows how to play the crowd. Watch what you say to both mil and sil or it may come back to bite ya in the butt. Good luck.

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 3 Jul 2006 , 3:51pm
post #57 of 99

Be careful of both MIL and SIL, they could both be playing you against the other. Watch your back!

ASupergirl Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 2:06am
post #58 of 99

Okay folks...the 4th holiday was hilarious.....so many things to say so little time to say it in....I went shopping with soon to be SIL and we came back and MIL hounded us and made both of us feel horrible....I feel like I was three years ago when she hated me all over again.....grrrr.....she totally rained on our parade and good mood....we even offered to buy and bring her dinner so we could all eat together.....loser.....So much to say and I have to get ready for work..I'll have to fill you all in tomorrow when I get home.

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 5:40am
post #59 of 99

O.K. I am very new to the site and yet I am pulled to this "saop Opera" everynight to see what else has happended. Sorry for being so nosy but this is really funny. My husband thinks that I have gone crazy. I sit here talking to you guys, or so that is the way it works in my head, yet there is no one there. My husband says that I must join some type of support group to get away from this site. I tell him this is the support group. Boy am I happy I joined.
icon_razz.gif

Can't wait for the next episode of " As the Icing Melts"

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 6 Jul 2006 , 3:59pm
post #60 of 99

I keep checking back for updates too! I can't wait to hear all of the details! Beashorty32, if you're nosey, then I'm right there with you sister!! LOL My husband doesn't even ask anymore when he hears me laugh and no one else is in the room with me...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%