Mmf Question

Decorating By alaskagirl3 Updated 26 Jun 2006 , 3:22pm by vixterfsu

alaskagirl3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alaskagirl3 Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 5

I made MMF this weekend and for the most part it was great, I did notice that once in a while there was not really a breakage or tear, but more like a "peeling" type of effect that was happening to it when I rolled it out. It would peel in small little areas like bark peels from a tree - what am I doing wrong? I used Crisco on my hands and map as well as Cornstarch.

Any info would be great - thanks

4 replies
karebere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karebere Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 5

Not sure b/c I have only worked with mmf a few times but maybe it had to do with the combination of the crisco and the corn starch? icon_confused.gif I only used one or the other not both at the same time.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 5

I agree with karebare - only use one or the other. Do not combine the crisco and the cornstarch. I personally have better luck with the tiny amount of crisco.

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 5

You can avoid this if you use a silicone pad to roll out on and grease it with a little crisco. I had this problem when trying to use powdered sugar to keep it from sticking. I think the sugar, or cornstarch in your case causes it. Try sticking with the crisco and see if yoiu have better results.

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 5

To much sugar. How much did you put in? I use
sugar instead of cornstarch. Of course this
is after 6 tries of getting it right.
Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%