I Am Really Not Trying To Be Sarcastic.....

Decorating By moniquerei Updated 25 May 2007 , 3:20am by Cloudsmom

moniquerei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moniquerei Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:18pm
post #31 of 41

Thanks for all of the responses...I guess it was my own mental block that was the issue...when my son had his 1st b-day, I got him a nemo pinata....then at the last minute, I made my husband go out and get another one because I didn't want the kids to be traumatized because they beat up nemo icon_redface.gif I guess I should get over these weird thoughts icon_lol.gif

meggylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggylou Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:05pm
post #32 of 41

My 3 yr old daughter is obsessed with Dora, so for her sleepover birthday party I made a bed cake with a fondant Dora in it. The kids tore poor Dora apart do they could all eat her. Even the birthday girl, who loves Dora, ate her head.
No trauma there.

roanoker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roanoker Posted 24 May 2007 , 2:44am
post #33 of 41

I've always eaten the ears first, but I like the legs first idea better. I'll be changing my bunny eating procedure also.

But as for kids not eating the cake. They don't mind the shape or the subject matter. The more colors ON the cake the better, but do NOT mess with the cake color. I've seen kids simply refuse to touch a plain yellow cake that was dyed green. It has to be cake colored. Go figure!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:00pm
post #34 of 41

I made a diego cake a few weeks ago and everyone wanted a piece of his head, that is the one piece my friend kept for later. Too many requests for 7 year olds.
It would be kind of kreepy if you started to analyse it.

I like to look at all kinds of cakes, but I think the animals that look too real (rodents, snakes and other cakes that depict things that should not be associated with food) just creep me out.
I dont think I would make them or could really eat them.

Oh well to be kids again and not know is a blessing!
I think we have just seen too much and we cannot dissociate the mental image from what we are really looking at!

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Good Luck.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:15pm
post #35 of 41

I made a farm cake for my Grandson's 4th Birthday. It was so funny to see those little kids go for it. As soon as they were told ok, they all started grabbing for the animal they wanted to eat! They couldn't have cared less about the cake, just give them the animals! One little girl ate the entire Chicken Little before we even realized it, and Chicken Little was pretty big! I try to make absolutely sure when doing a child's cake that EVERYTHING is edible! My Grandson also love's to eat fondant frogs. There were a couple of frogs left over from his brother's 1st Birthday. My daughter had put them back on the kitchen counter for safe keeping. The next morning, she came down stairs and there was the 4 year old, standing in the kitchen with a big GREEN smile on his face! lol.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:54pm
post #36 of 41

What IS it with kids and wanting to eat the heads?? That just cracks me up. The same thing has been true for me...they always start shouting "I want the head!" "NO, I want the head!"

When the dad was cutting my princess cake he was all into it, joking about performing the autopsy on her. Didn't seem to dull anyone's appetite!

Personally, I just could not eat a kitty litter cake. It would just bother me that I was eating a cake that was sitting in a real kitty litter box even if it was brand new!...eeeeewwwww

Courtney

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:57pm
post #37 of 41

If they'll eat a "toilet" cake they'll eat anything! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 24 May 2007 , 2:51pm
post #38 of 41

I was just remembering a funny story about a spaniel cake I made for my dear friend's daughter turning 15. Her relatives (who are a selfish lot) came over and her little cousins all clamored for the dog's head and nose. My friend was planning on saving the spaniel cake for a private celebration and didn't want to serve it to the extended family, so her husband said, "No, you can't have the head. All you get is the butt!" And the little cousins ran away and didn't ask for it any more!

icon_lol.gif

Deanna

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 25 May 2007 , 2:56am
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

I was just remembering a funny story about a spaniel cake I made for my dear friend's daughter turning 15. Her relatives (who are a selfish lot) came over and her little cousins all clamored for the dog's head and nose. My friend was planning on saving the spaniel cake for a private celebration and didn't want to serve it to the extended family, so her husband said, "No, you can't have the head. All you get is the butt!" And the little cousins ran away and didn't ask for it any more!

icon_lol.gif

Deanna

Wow... that is great, what a great way for her DH to stand up to the selfish lot!

I guess the rear end just wasn't good enough for them!
Too Bad, no cake for them!! ( I just love that saying lately!)

Good Luck

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:06am
post #40 of 41

I'm not sure about the kids but I won't eat pet cakes or baby cakes. A little too creepy for me.

I've heard where some kids won't cut a character cake because they don't want to hurt them. icon_surprised.gif

Cloudsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cloudsmom Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:20am
post #41 of 41

I made my daughter a Nemo cake for her 2nd birthday - she loves Nemo. She didn't have any problem eating a piece, but the next day she started looking for it and asking, "Where's Nemo?" I started to say, "we ate him" and just barely caught myself in time - that might have really upset her!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%