Help Me Im A Mess.....

Lounge By Rachdacake Updated 25 May 2007 , 4:28am by heather2780

Rachdacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachdacake Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 7

so im making my sons birthday cake this weekend and i want to see if there is any one with tips on what or how to do this right ..... im making him the spiderman bust cake and i have the directions or the how tos but i want to make sure or see if anyone has a tip on icing it or a dont do this type of thing to help me make it look good.... i have only done a few cakes in my time and none as big as this so again please help anyone i want all the tips i can get before friday when i make the cake~~~ anyone please help
thanks in advance
Rachdacake icon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

6 replies
grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 7

I can't help you as of right now, but if I find something I'll let you know. Maybe you could PM or ask someone who has made one of these cakes, I am sure they will be able to help you out.

God Bless,
Sharon

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 22 May 2007 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 7

Here is a bump, I hope someone can help you out. You may have to do another post under the "How do I" forum.

God Bless,
Sharon

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 22 May 2007 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 7

Have you completed a search for spiderman cakes on the site? There are some great ones here. If you aren't that experienced, I'd make buildings out of fondant (simple squares and rectangles), turn them into a city - or even do one long city silhouette to wrap around the sides of the cake. I loved the pic here where they made web out of spaghetti noodles and then draped buttercream? between the noodles. Good luck!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 22 May 2007 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 7

I just did one Saturday and didn't run into any major problems. The only issue I had was the stringing. My buttercream started off just fine, but the longer my hands warmed it the harder it was to work with.

Rachdacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachdacake Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:03am
post #6 of 7

ok well im goin to try all the helpful tips that i got and see how it goes its getting made tomorrow night i hope that its still good on sat at 5 if i start it friday at like 5-6 ...... what do you all think?

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:28am
post #7 of 7

you might want to try to repost your question in the cake decorating forum or in the how do I forum a lot of times you will get more responses in there on how to questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%