I Am Finally Starting To Get Some Business.... So Excited!

Decorating By melissablack Updated 22 May 2005 , 3:15am by melodyscakes

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 21 May 2005 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 11

Today I attended the baby shower where I had my first paid cake order, and everyone was raving about how good it was, taste-wise, and how beautiful it was... anyways... I got one more order for a cake for this Tuesday, and another possibility for a HUGE cake for July!!

I have been trying forever to get some business so I can make extra money, and it is finally happening!! I am just so excited and had to share! lol.

Melissa icon_smile.gif

10 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 21 May 2005 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 11

Congratulations Melissa! That's great news!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 May 2005 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 11

Yippppeee!!!!! That is such great news!
I know I just got my second paid order due this weekend, I am hoping good things for this.
If you go to vistaprint.com, they usually have those 'free' business cards that you can get printed out, all you pay is shipping and handling. What I did was get some printed out with just my name, address, and phone number, no business name on it; so that way, if someone wants my contact info I can give a nice card with my personal info on it. There really nice looking and they came really fast, within a week (I thought I wouldn't get them for another week yet). I got mine with a picture of a rose on it.

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 21 May 2005 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 11

Mouse, do you have a pic of your card that you can show me? I went to that site and it looks great... I'm just not sure what to put on my card. I know I can't advertise myself as a business, but I'm wondering if I should write anything about being a cake decorator on the card. Thanks!

Melissa

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 May 2005 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissablack

Mouse, do you have a pic of your card that you can show me? I went to that site and it looks great... I'm just not sure what to put on my card. I know I can't advertise myself as a business, but I'm wondering if I should write anything about being a cake decorator on the card. Thanks!

Melissa

Sure, I can scan one into the computer when I get home. I'm at work right now. My husband opened them for me and said they look really nice. I will try and do that tonight when I get home, won't be until after 7:30PM (CT)

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 21 May 2005 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 11

I printed my own.. just bought some business cards (blank ones) from WalMart ... imported some clipart and printed my info on them.. came out really nice I think ... I also bought some page labels, put my name and phone number on the boxes of all the cakes I sell... it will help to get you more orders icon_smile.gif

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 21 May 2005 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 11

Way to go Melissa
icon_biggrin.gif

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 21 May 2005 , 10:46pm
post #8 of 11

wow.....congratulations..........

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 22 May 2005 , 2:24am
post #9 of 11

icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif congrats melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope you keep getting orders!!!!
melody

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 22 May 2005 , 2:47am
post #10 of 11

So happy for you Melissa!! They know a good decorator when they see one!! I hope you will be blessed w/ lots more orders.

My sister told me that this lady she knows puts her name & number on labels w/ the computer then sticks them to playing cards! She carries the deck in her purse & hands them out only when people ask her for one. I think that is a good idea! I might do it myself. My sister used vista too. Her cards are very pretty. She paid a little more to have one of her cake pics put on them.

I also hope everyone on CC will be blessed w/ cake orders!!!!!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 22 May 2005 , 3:15am
post #11 of 11

turtleshell, thanks for positive words and blessings to all!
melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%