Funfetti Cake

Decorating By DelightsByE Updated 27 Jun 2006 , 1:34pm by Pootchi

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 2:20am
post #1 of 10

I have a tasting with a bride in a few weeks, the bride says she wants a funfetti wedding cake. (she freely admits that people will think it's tacky, but she wants it anyway...she's a fun girl!)

I thought I could buy some little sprinkles and add them to my already yummy french vanilla cake. It wouldn't be just like the Pillsbury box mix, but it will LOOK the same I guess.

How much of the sprinkles should I add? Wondering if I should use primary colors, or go with pastels. I have access to both kinds.

Thoughts?

9 replies
ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 2:25am
post #2 of 10

I would add about 1/4 Cup of sprinkles to 4-5 cups of batter and would use the pastels since it's for a wedding but you might want to ask the bride her preference.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 2:35am
post #3 of 10

I agree -- go with the pastels. Are you going to make both cakes for the tasting -- PB and your own? I love French Vanilla! icon_lol.gif

Sarah

fuzzykoala22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuzzykoala22 Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 4:38am
post #4 of 10

I had never considered a funfetti wedding cake... I'll definitely have to keep that in mind whenever I ever end up getting married icon_biggrin.gif Pastel sprinkles would be pretty in the cake!

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 10

Just wanted to say that I've never even thought of a funfetti cake to add to what I usually offer, but what a great idea! I think that the pastels would be beautiful for a wedding...something different, right? Plus, the primary colored sprinkles would go over great with kids for bd parties. Sounds like you have a unique and fun bride on your hands. Those are the best kinds! icon_smile.gif

Amy

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 12:43pm
post #6 of 10

Why not just use the Pillsbury funfetti cake mixes? It's already done for you in perfect ratio. Pillsbury, in my opinion, is the absolute BEST cake mix.

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 10

DH has a rainbow cake already done in pastels colours and it is one of my kids favorites.

Peachez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachez Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 1:31pm
post #8 of 10

I say go with your favorite vanilla or white cake recipe. Ask the bride what her wedding colors are and customize the "funfetti" by using whatever color sprinkle will work best.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 1:33pm
post #9 of 10

You could even buy the containers of individual colors and use the colors she has for her wedding!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 1:34pm
post #10 of 10

I've never heard of fufetti cakes before this thread. Here we don't have PB cake mixes nor Dh rainbow cake. Just regular DH and BC. But it seem so fun and original cakes!!! I'll try one out and see how it goes!!!

thanks for the info

Lorris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%