Help! I Need Help Now!

Decorating By sunlover00 Updated 21 May 2005 , 9:22pm by Lisa

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 12:30am
post #1 of 27

I have a BRAND NEW Cannon Pixma and have used it two times. I put the cleaner cartridges in and turned it off.

I need to use it again and it will not let me put the inks back in! The power button is flashing green and orange and the computer says that it requires service!!

What am I doing wrong! I"m so upset! I have to have these pics on the cake for tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

26 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 May 2005 , 12:43am
post #2 of 27

Wish I could, mine is still in the box! I'm sure Lisa will help as soon as she can, maybe you should PM her, she knows more than anybody about these as far as I know!. veejay

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:14am
post #3 of 27

Well, no one came to the rescue so I called Customer Support. They said that there is no hope and that I have to send it back.

I'm soooooo mad!!!! icon_mad.gif
I really debated on whether or not to buy another one of these and finally did...now this! What am I going to do now???

Graduation party for 100 people!!! and no pics on her cake.
I could just scream. Its times like these that I want to stop doing this.

Thanks for letting me VENT! icon_cry.gificon_mad.gificon_sad.gif

veejaytx Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:27am
post #4 of 27

Wow, that scares me! I'll be worried when I start mine up, I'm waiting for my frosting sheets and ink cartridges.

Is there a store near you that could print them for you? I know my cake supply store prints them for a price! Some others on CC have mentioned having prints made at a store bakery.

Sure sorry it broke down! veeja

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:31am
post #5 of 27

Thanks for the sympathy - I tried to call 2 stores that do it and both are closed at this hour. The earliest I can get in is 8am, and that is IF they will do it for me. I think that I can beg enough and I can bring my own frosting sheet....say lots of prayers for me!

Do you think I should call the customer and see what she wants as a backup or just rely on God and hope that all goes well?

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:44am
post #6 of 27

Which Canon do you have and what is the flashing sequence? The flashing sequence determines what kind of error message you're getting. I've never come across this problem but I'll try to help. I've sent you an email with some possible fixes.

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:45am
post #7 of 27

Just one orange and one green. The book says, in so many words, "NOT GOOD>YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE".

Its a Cannon Pixma IP3000.....and I was so excited about having it too.... icon_sad.gif

gotcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gotcake Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:51am
post #8 of 27

icon_surprised.gif Oh I wish I lived in Ohio ...I would print them for you. Anybody out there in Ohio? She needs you. You might want to put their ink in before you send it back or Canon will not honor the warranty either. Best of luck!

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:53am
post #9 of 27

I did mention -hesitantly- that i was using it with edible ink and the guy didn't even flinch. I hope the next one work better. I'll give you all an update tomorrow.

Lisa Posted 21 May 2005 , 1:59am
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotcake

icon_surprised.gif Oh I wish I lived in Ohio ...I would print them for you. Anybody out there in Ohio? She needs you. You might want to put their ink in before you send it back or Canon will not honor the warranty either. Best of luck!

I learned that was a rumor. They don't legally have the right to void your warranty even if you use edible inks.

Lisa Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:14am
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover00

Just one orange and one green. The book says, in so many words, "NOT GOOD>YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE".

Its a Cannon Pixma IP3000.....and I was so excited about having it too.... icon_sad.gif

A few things...

Make sure the print head is intalled properly and that the printer is closed. You might even try removing the print head and then reset so see if the print head is the cause.

Did holding the resume/cancel button down or pressing it three times help any? If not, here's a reset code that's supposed to work for the 3000.

1. Turn off printer

2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.

3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.

4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.

5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.

6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.

7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.

8. Your printer should respond as normal.

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:19am
post #12 of 27

nope - didn't work. It makes sounds and then starts flashing again. icon_sad.gif

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:21am
post #13 of 27

There is no resume button near the power button.
There is one on the front upbove the paper button, which I assume is the resume button. Didn't fix the issue.

Lisa Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:26am
post #14 of 27

See if it will load a sheet of paper? I'm just curious if the blinking is the out of paper one.

Lisa Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:31am
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

See if it will load a sheet of paper? I'm just curious if the blinking is the out of paper one.

Nevermind...mine does one green and then two orange flashes for that.

Lisa Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:34am
post #16 of 27

Okay this is my last bit of advice and them I'm clueless...

Disconnect the printer cable from the printer. Then turn the printer off and unplug the power cord. Plug the printer back in, do not turn it on...wait ten minutes. Turn the printer back on.

If that doesn't work...the printer is probably shot. So sorry. Where did you buy?

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:38am
post #17 of 27

Not that I know anything about edible imaging, but sometimes with printers if you turn everything off and I mean everything, your power source for the computer and everything connected to it, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on, it helps. I sometimes have printer problems where a message gets stuck and I get error messages and lights flashing and weird noises and once I turn off all power sources connected to the computer, printer everything, leave them off for a bit and then turn them on, well everything clears up. Have no idea why, haha, but it does.
Anyway, just a last resort from a technically challenged squirrel.
Hugs Squirrelly

SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:41am
post #18 of 27

Heehee, guess Lisa and I were thinking along the same lines and posting at the same time, but go with the 10 minutes as she suggested. Just because 30 seconds works for me, doesn't mean it will for everyone.
Hugs Squirrelly

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 4:17am
post #19 of 27

Well, I did have it off and unplugged with the tekky guy on the phone, but have not re-booted. And no, it won't feed paper or anything.

I will try to reboot yet tonight. It can't hurt!

I just finished decorating two of the cakes by free-hand to get them done. I've iced and bordered the big one but don't want to write on it yet - not knowing if I"ll have images to put on in the morning or not.

If Walmart won't print them for me, I"ll have one hour to get the entire thing done!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. (((((big hugs))))

veejaytx Posted 21 May 2005 , 4:33am
post #20 of 27

We will keep our fingers crossed for you that it will be okay. veejay

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 May 2005 , 12:40pm
post #21 of 27

Read this post- I hope things are going well for you this morning.

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:38pm
post #22 of 27

Hi everyone - I'm still alive even though I thought I'd stroke out this morning.

Ran to Walmart at 7:45 am and explained my situation. They refused to scan the pic from the photographer without written permission. (its not the photographer owns the pic....I don't get that). Anyway I said that i have a copy already scanned on a floppy if they'd take that.

Their system did not and they sent me back to the photolab for them to print one off for me. Get back there and they don't open that section for another hour! Some lady shows up and I beg her to open early but she says it takes 35 minutes for the machine to warm up!

So back home I run (10 min drive) to print off my own copy and then run back to walmart (no speeding tickets - unbelievable) to have them print it off. It came out really red, but they do not have a system that can alter the picture.

End of story - I got the cake done 1/2 early and they were 1/2 hr late in picking it up. They liked it - but you know how you feel when you HATE the cake and they like it....I think they are fibbing. LOL

I'm still not happy about getting a refurbished printer to replace this one, but if I have any trouble I'm going to demand a new one. Thanks for all of the support and prayers - all is well.

Are margaritas for breakfast out of the question? icon_biggrin.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 May 2005 , 2:48pm
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover00

Hi everyone - I'm still alive even though I thought I'd stroke out this morning.

Ran to Walmart at 7:45 am and explained my situation. They refused to scan the pic from the photographer without written permission. (its not the photographer owns the pic....I don't get that). Anyway I said that i have a copy already scanned on a floppy if they'd take that.

Their system did not and they sent me back to the photolab for them to print one off for me. Get back there and they don't open that section for another hour! Some lady shows up and I beg her to open early but she says it takes 35 minutes for the machine to warm up!

So back home I run (10 min drive) to print off my own copy and then run back to walmart (no speeding tickets - unbelievable) to have them print it off. It came out really red, but they do not have a system that can alter the picture.

End of story - I got the cake done 1/2 early and they were 1/2 hr late in picking it up. They liked it - but you know how you feel when you HATE the cake and they like it....I think they are fibbing. LOL

I'm still not happy about getting a refurbished printer to replace this one, but if I have any trouble I'm going to demand a new one. Thanks for all of the support and prayers - all is well.

Are margaritas for breakfast out of the question? icon_biggrin.gif

How about a mimosa? icon_wink.gif

pastrypuffgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypuffgirl Posted 21 May 2005 , 3:36pm
post #24 of 27

You go girl! You win the "Works well under pressure" cap! Great Job! thumbs_up.gif
I've got a cosmo waiting for ya. Anything pink can be drank in the morning...just tell em it's pink grapefruit juice.

veejaytx Posted 21 May 2005 , 5:02pm
post #25 of 27

After the time you've had, you are entitled to whatever you want to drink, no matter what! Enjoy!

Once again, it is Walmart to the rescue, what would we do without them?

Have a great weekend! veejay

SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 May 2005 , 9:03pm
post #26 of 27

Well you know what kiddo, you are my kind of person! You went to great lengths to satisfy your customer and if they said they were pleased, then take their word for it and go and celebrate! You deserve it! Kudos to you!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Lisa Posted 21 May 2005 , 9:22pm
post #27 of 27

What an adventure! So glad it all worked out. I'm also glad they're going to replace your printer. I'm with you about the refurbished deal though. Think they'd let you keep the print head on the one you have? If not, just be sure to clean the refurbished one before you use it. Now have that well deserved drink!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%