Michaels Coupon?

Decorating By ennove11 Updated 22 May 2007 , 1:30am by craftermom

ennove11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ennove11 Posted 20 May 2007 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 21

Does anyone know if there's a Michaels coupon today? Is it the usual 40%?
TIA!

20 replies
didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 20 May 2007 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 21

I got one!

deedee44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee44 Posted 20 May 2007 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 21

Yes there is a Michael coupon, in fact there are two of them. One for the 21 to the 26th and one for 27 and 28th and they're only 30% off.

Deedee44

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 20 May 2007 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 21

I got two also, 20th-26th and 27th-28th, but mine are for 40% off.

ennove11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ennove11 Posted 20 May 2007 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 21

Thanks for the quick replies everyone! I'll have to search out a Michaels ad. Strange how there are different coupons in different areas.

minnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minnow Posted 20 May 2007 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 21

Yeah that is real interesting that the coupon value is different. I'm in Texas and mine are 30% for the two. I had heard some months back from some workers at the Michael's nearest me that they thought the coupons were going to be phased out. I hope that isn't true and that this difference in the values is not an indication of that. But in the meantime happy shopping with your coupons!

SCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCS Posted 20 May 2007 , 7:20pm
post #7 of 21

I used to work in Michael's and found out something very useful! If you do not have a coupon, or have forgotten it, and know that there is one available for that week, just say to the cashier "Is there a 40% coupon at the moment - I forgot mine", and they should let you have a 40% discount on the most expensive item - even though you haven't got one. They just ask for your signature and postcode.

Plus (and this is top secret info!!!), you could go in everyday, and say you haven't got a coupon, and get the discount! Just make sure you don't go to the same cashier, and maybe change your signature a bit!!!!!

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 20 May 2007 , 7:26pm
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS

I used to work in Michael's and found out something very useful! If you do not have a coupon, or have forgotten it, and know that there is one available for that week, just say to the cashier "Is there a 40% coupon at the moment - I forgot mine", and they should let you have a 40% discount on the most expensive item - even though you haven't got one. They just ask for your signature and postcode.

Plus (and this is top secret info!!!), you could go in everyday, and say you haven't got a coupon, and get the discount! Just make sure you don't go to the same cashier, and maybe change your signature a bit!!!!!

That seems to work in Canada, but when I was in Washington State, I told the Michaels in Bellingham that I forgot it, she refused... I finally asked to speak to the manager and then and only then did she say okay sign this, but we only do it once and we now have your name on file!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 20 May 2007 , 7:29pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoweddingcookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS

That seems to work in Canada, but when I was in Washington State, I told the Michaels in Bellingham that I forgot it, she refused... I finally asked to speak to the manager and then and only then did she say okay sign this, but we only do it once and we now have your name on file!!

That is true. That technique only works for some areas. But, sometimes Michael's does a survey thing where they might ask if you have a coupon and give you one to write down your name and see who is getting them in what areas and who isn't. That is the only way other than that the one I work at refuses to give them all the time.

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 20 May 2007 , 10:10pm
post #10 of 21

I work at Michaels, and yes, different areas seem to have different policies. We are allowed to give a coupon to any customer that asks for one, but we are not allowed to offer it. Also, make sure you ask if there's a coupon, not a flyer. Sometimes there's no flyer, but there is a coupon. So if you ask "is there a flyer this week," the answer is "no," but if you ask "is there a coupon this week," the answer is yes. And right on the coupon, it says "one per person per day" so yes, you can use one every day. And boy, do our customers know it!

This week, however, they have added to what you cannot use the coupon on. Until recently, you could use the coupon on everything except Cricut products. That has now been expanded to include all Martha Stewart products, and, new this week, all Wilton course kits.

Eventually, more restrictions will probably follow. *sigh*

craftermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftermom Posted 20 May 2007 , 11:40pm
post #11 of 21

I didn't receive any coupons in my Michael's ad this week -- anyone else in the same boat???

e2_erin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e2_erin Posted 21 May 2007 , 4:47am
post #12 of 21

I got two 40% off coupons in the ad today. One is for this week and one is for the 27 and 28th only. I actually two ads so double that. Im so happy because I have a ton to get.

Erin

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 21 May 2007 , 5:16am
post #13 of 21

2 40% coupons here and we are able to sign for the coupon once per person per day!! Its awesome when you have a bunch of stuff you need to get!! lol!!

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:43pm
post #14 of 21

I also got 2 - 40% off in this weeks paper. I have never seen a 30% off for Michael's. Occasionally I will get a 50% off but not that often.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:52pm
post #15 of 21

I used to work at Michael's a long time ago, and back then we were able to just offer the customers coupons if they didn't have any. We had STACKS of flyers/coupons behind the registers!

I recently went in & said that I didn't have a coupon & asked if they had one I could use. The lady looked at me like I had three heads icon_confused.gif She was like What are you talking about? I repeated myself & she RUDELY replied We don't have any coupons here! So I rudely replied Well you used to!!!

Anyway, I got 2 40% off coupons in this week's ad.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:53pm
post #16 of 21

2 coupons here, and depending who is working cash register can sometimes get 40% without coupon if I forget it.

Fahina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fahina Posted 21 May 2007 , 4:21pm
post #17 of 21

I love the Michael's coupons and I try to use them all the time. I use to be able to use all my coupons in one shopping trip till just recently. Still okay though. I am also able to use competitior coupons at the Michaels here in Utah (Roberts and JoAnns). Check to see if you're able to use them at yours too. HTH!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 21 May 2007 , 4:53pm
post #18 of 21

I was at Michaels yesterday and I heard the lady in front of me say she forgot her coupon. The cashier had her sign the log and she got the discount. I was shocked. I had never heard about this tidbit so thanks for posting this information. I had an AC Moore 50% off coupon I used so I didn't feel cheated. But lately, I can't find the Michaels ad in the paper. I called one location this morning and the person said it was in yesterday's paper. It is usually with the coupons but I didn't see it. I'm gonna go through the newspaper section and see if maybe they snuck it in there. I don't know what's going on with Michaels and the coupons but I've had to use my AC Moore coupons for like the last 4 purchase I made at Micheals. Thank goodness they're still accepting competitors coupons.

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 21 May 2007 , 5:52pm
post #19 of 21

Michael's that I go to will allow you to use competitor's coupons but not computer printed from internet however if you don't have your coupon there isn't a policy of signing a book and still getting it.

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 21 May 2007 , 7:09pm
post #20 of 21

i never get the coupon because i never get the newspaper. my michaels always lets me use the 40% just by signing for it. for those of you who said you're michaels won't give it without the coupon, tell them you don't get the newspaper, and maybe they will let you do it.

craftermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftermom Posted 22 May 2007 , 1:30am
post #21 of 21

After I posted here earlier today about not getting any coupons in our paper this week for Michaels, I called them -- they said Michaels was doing a marketing test in our area (Western Michigan) and there weren't any coupons at all. So I guess we are out of luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%