Anxiety Attack....

Decorating By music77 Updated 19 May 2007 , 7:40pm by music77

music77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music77 Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 11

So a month ago a coworker asked me to make her husbands birthday cake. No problem. I decided to try to make MMF decorations for the first time. She said no pressure. Whenever I asked for her opinions she told me that I was trying to hard and anything I did would be fine. I told her that since I am not licensed and really not comfortable with my decorations(just practicing) that I would only charge her the $30. for my supplies. Well I finished the cake yesterday, and am relatively happy with the outcome. I took a picture to show her and she paid me yesterday for pick up today. When she gave me the money she gave me $60 instead of the agreed amount. Now I was happy with this cake for $30, but I am worried that since she paid more, she is expecting more and....long story cut short...am I worried for nothing. The cake is in my pics inder Raphaels Bday. Honest opinions please!

10 replies
Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 11

I'm not sure why you are worried especially if she's already seen it. Sounds to me like she made a choice to pay you the amount she gave you because she thought it was worth it and because it was much appreciated. Take it easy music77. She's telling you both your cake and you are worth it! Keep on Cake'n!! thumbs_up.gif

Angie707 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angie707 Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 11

I think it looks fine.... I have a friend- and I told her I was charging 20 dollars for 20 cupcakes... and she paid me 60. I took it the first time (the flowers took so much longer than I had expected) and refused to allow her to pay me that much again.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 11

I think it's great that you guys have friends that will pay you what your cakes are worth rather then just take advantage of you. Now if I could get my friend to do that I would be thrilled.

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 11

I like that cake. That's a neat idea. That's great that you have a friend like that.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 11

go with it! she must have been happy with it!

Lostinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lostinalaska Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 11

It looks good, If it were me I would put a top boarder on it

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:44pm
post #8 of 11

It's okay to take a compliment, that's what this was!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 19 May 2007 , 5:53pm
post #9 of 11

Give yourself a pat on the back, that cake is wonderful. You did a good job. Accept the compliment from your friend and go make another cake.

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 19 May 2007 , 6:03pm
post #10 of 11

I used to buy my boys birthday cakes from a lady that makes her cakes out of her home. She only charged $15 for a 1/4 sheet cake with buttercream and a character piped that went with their theme. I always paid her $25 for the cakes because they were worth much more than $15. I think some people realize the hard work and will pay you extra to show appreciation.

music77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music77 Posted 19 May 2007 , 7:40pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you for all your comments! I just haven't received this much before and it took me by surprise! I hope it tastes as good as it looks(BETTER even). If nothing else I have found a new medium that I can experiment more with! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%