Crusting Buttercream Chocolate Flavor?

Decorating By billie1978 Updated 15 Jun 2006 , 6:11pm by shelain22

billie1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
billie1978 Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 3

Is there a way to make chocolate buttercream crusting frosting? If so, is it possible to make it in different colors? The reason I'm asking is because my son wants a chocolate birthday cake, but he wants camo frosting. I don't even know if this is possible to do or not.

2 replies
2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 3

Yes, you can make choco crusting bc. I add nestle baking cocoa. For every 3/4 cup of cocoa added just add 1-2 tablespoons of water. I don't know about coloring it. Maybe you could add more choco for a darker color and less choco for a lighter color. Hope that helps.

shelain22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelain22 Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 3

I think yall are reading my mind, everytime I think of a question, walah, there it is! lol
I made the easy chocolate buttercream (taste really good) and I was going to ask how to make it crust more. What do you do, add more sugar or something? Anyway, as for the color, Its really light brown to begin with, I aded pink to it and it made a warm rasbarry color. I bet you could add black to make it darker, green in different shades and then make black iceing or use that piping gel stuff. I would play with small amounts of it, if you look the recipe up I bet you have everything to make it.
huggs
Val

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%