End Of School Cookie Cake

Decorating By HeatherDawn Updated 21 May 2007 , 4:11am by gateaux

HeatherDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherDawn Posted 16 May 2007 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 15

I was asked by my little girls teacher to make a cookie cake for their end of the school party Friday. I need some suggestions as to what to put on the cookie. Any ideas??? It will be for a first grade class so I want it to be cute for them.

14 replies
darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 15

hmm not sure what a cookie cake is lol Is it one of those giant cookies?

sarahe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahe Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 15

HeatherDawn--

I looked through the Wilton Cake Decorating 2007 yearbook for some ideas, and this is what i found.

On page 8icon_razz.giflenty of Fun to go Around...to change it up a little, you could make children's faces randomly throughout the cookie cake, & using different colors of buttercream icing you could make crayons, globe, outside playtime items, lunch items, books. You could write on the cake: Way to Go!

Hope you like my idea.

Sarahe

HeatherDawn Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:34am
post #4 of 15

Thank you so much for the idea. And yes to the other question, it is a large cookie. I'm not sure why we call them cookie cakes here, but we do. Must be a Alabama thing. (tee hee)

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:02am
post #5 of 15

We call them cookie cakes her too because we make them thicker, mine are like an inch and a half when I close the box the icing squishes some, but people love them. What about frosting it and putting a FBCT on it, I have yet to try it but I bet it would work. I have one in my photos but just with happy birthday on it.

HeatherDawn Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:28pm
post #6 of 15

I thought about a Frozen Transfer and I've done them several times, just not on a cookie, but I don't know what to stick on there. I thought about a little school building in the background with little stick kids at the front, running away from the school and putting "We're out of here" on there. I'll have to do it this evening, so I guess I better make up my mind.LOL

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 15

yummmm, i have been making cookie cakes for years. I had always just made 1 layer and then decorated the top.... but then I thought..oooo what would be extra yummy! A double layer cookie cake!
I usually put a thinner layer if frosting in between 2 layers, and people want to know my recipe because it makes the cookie soooo soft.
If I have to do something last minute for my sons daycare and only have 20 mins. this is what I do. Sometimes I dont even decorate the top, then I just put a little more frosting on the inside.

PS. I know I know, Sometimes i cheat and use the can frosting and the frozen breakaway cookie. in a matter of mins the cookie cake is done!

HeatherDawn Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:38pm
post #8 of 15

hummm, never thought about a double. That sound gooooood!!!! I have a good cookie recipe too that makes a ton! Thanks for the idea!!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:41pm
post #9 of 15

I would go on google and look for first grade coloring pages and see what you get inspired!

There are a lot of themes, you could go with for FBCT. I love the ones where there are a lot of kinds. I used one for teacher appreciation day there were 5 kids holding a frame it was really cut.

You could just add the kids class names and a good luck or congrats or something. Just like "sarahe" mentioned all kinds of school supplies around a picture.

Good Luck.
LL

HeatherDawn Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:47pm
post #10 of 15

OHhh great idea. Thanks!!

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #11 of 15

Well, you've probably already decided since it's Thursday afternoon...but a giant smily sunshine wearing sunglasses and "Have a Great Summer!" might be fun.

HeatherDawn Posted 17 May 2007 , 10:12pm
post #12 of 15

My husband told me the exact same thing

HeatherDawn Posted 18 May 2007 , 10:44pm
post #13 of 15

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I did do the Sunshine face considering it was late and I was tired. Another cake took me longer than I thought. Of course the kids loved it..... they just wanted to eat it. LOL I can't figure out how to attach the pic or I would.

funfoodie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funfoodie2 Posted 18 May 2007 , 11:24pm
post #14 of 15

My daughter is in 1st grade and they just started learning to tell time.

You can do a face of a clock on an apple or blackboard with..."Time to have summer fun!"

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 21 May 2007 , 4:11am
post #15 of 15

Your cookie turned out great. I love the smile and sunglasses.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%