Dragees

Decorating By Cyndi1207 Updated 20 May 2007 , 3:05pm by revel

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 15 May 2007 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 25

Out of curiosity.......where do most of you order your dragees from? I was about to place an order but figured I should ask first.

Thanks---Cyndi

24 replies
lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 15 May 2007 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 25

I'd like to know, as well. I couldn't ever find them; then one day, I was shocked to see silver ones at H.E.B grocery store! Needless to say, I bought them! I feel like I should go back and buy more, because I'm scared they won't be there next time I go back! I've seen plenty of cakes on here with gold, silver, and even pastel metallic ones. Help us, please icon_biggrin.gif

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 15 May 2007 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 25

Here are dragees in white, silver and gold in various sizes from Global Sugar Art.

Sugarcraft.com also has them.

lynda-bob Posted 15 May 2007 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 25

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks so much!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 15 May 2007 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 25

I get mine on Ebay sometimes. There is also a place called Lorraine's and it's in Massachusetts. it's a store and she does mail order. I just got some a couple weeks ago (I live in MA) and thought her prices were good. Here is her web site:

http://www.lorrainescakesupply.com/

lynda-bob Posted 15 May 2007 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 25

Thanks sunflowerfreak, I just emailed and asked if they have a catalog thumbs_up.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 15 May 2007 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 25

anyone have a clue where to get the dragees shaped like hearts and such? Lindy smith's site used to have them but when I went to order them they were gone. icon_cry.gif
I need them for a cake in 25 days...

Cyndi1207 Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 25

Thanks........I was going to order them through SugarCraft but wanted to see if anyone could find them for less.

Lynda-Bob------I can't believe you found them at H.E.B.!!!!------none of the ones here have them. I can't find them anywhere. I'll have to order them.

Thanks everyone!!!

Cyndi1207 Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:35pm
post #9 of 25

I was looking at the sizes.........would you prefer 4MM or 5MM??? What do you all usually order?? I just don't know how it looks in person so I have no idea what size I should order.

This is the cake I need them for and want to make sure I order the right size. Thanks so much and so sorry for all the questions.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:39pm
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

anyone have a clue where to get the dragees shaped like hearts and such? Lindy smith's site used to have them but when I went to order them they were gone. icon_cry.gif

I just ordered some small hearts and larger hearts in both silver and gold off of ebay. They are coming from England though so I'm not sure how long they will take to get here.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:40pm
post #11 of 25

Pfeil & Holing

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:42pm
post #12 of 25

what are they icon_confused.gif

2sdae Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:53pm
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

I just ordered some small hearts and larger hearts in both silver and gold off of ebay. They are coming from England though so I'm not sure how long they will take to get here.

From what ebay store?

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 15 May 2007 , 10:13pm
post #14 of 25

Silver heart dragees from U.K. ebay.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 15 May 2007 , 10:20pm
post #15 of 25

I'm in the Dallas area and I go to Cake Carousel in Richardson, TX. I haven't seen the heart shaped but they might be able to get them for you. Good luck!

http://cakecarousel.com/

Aunksunamun13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aunksunamun13 Posted 15 May 2007 , 10:23pm
post #16 of 25

They dont even sell them here in California =(

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:02am
post #17 of 25

I know Sur La Table has them. I usually get them at a local place here called Cake Walk Chicago. I think you can order them....
www.cakewalkchicago.com

2sdae Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:21am
post #18 of 25

no one knows where to get the heart shaped dragees hu?

KellJ Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:49pm
post #19 of 25

go to www.cakewalkchicago.com I know they sell them and I am pretty sure you can order from them. Just give them a call.

2sdae Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:59pm
post #20 of 25

So you have to call them to place an order? I looked on their site but I didn't see how to order...that was earlier and I just skimmed so I'll go back and look again for sure, thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

2sdae Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:04am
post #21 of 25

o.k. how the heck can you see what's in their store? I can't find a way in or how to order a catalog or anything?

MadPhoeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadPhoeMom Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:08am
post #22 of 25

i get dragees at All In One Bake Shop in Austin, Tx. the DO sell via internet, but they don't have near the products online as IN store; however, if you call them and tell them what you want, they will get it in the mail THAT day (before noon/midafternoon).
i believe they have silver, baby pink, baby blue, multi metallic pink/green/something else....
i'm sure they have more, can't recall.

these guys are SUPERB on the phone. they have even helped with cake design/ideas/etc. they are happy to share with you what they DO have in store....i can't say enough of these guys!!

www.allinonebakeshop.com

Sally
**my first post! usually a lurker

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:15am
post #23 of 25

You can order Dragees and many other things at www.beryls.com, a store in northern virgina. They have good prices and quick shipment. I just ordered 4 oz. of 4mm Dragees for $6.95. icon_smile.gif

KellJ Posted 20 May 2007 , 5:37am
post #24 of 25

How soon do you need them??

I will call cake walk Chicago and see how much the heart ones are how much the shipping would be.

If I head down there this week I could always pick them up for you and send the out to ya.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 20 May 2007 , 3:05pm
post #25 of 25

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%