How Do I Build A Football Stadium Cake?

Decorating By satgirlga Updated 20 Jan 2017 , 6:31pm by Helpmewithmycake

satgirlga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satgirlga Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 10

I am going to be doing a football stadium cake for my cousin's grooms cake in mid June, can anyone give me any advice? It needs to serve about 150 people.

9 replies
nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 14 May 2007 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 10

You want the whole stadium or just the playing field?
Mary

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 May 2007 , 12:56am
post #3 of 10

Find the Duff episode where he made one and copy that. Be sure you're charing a Duff price for this!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:29am
post #4 of 10

I make a boat load of grooms cake in a college town - I bake a sheet, then pop one of these on top.

http://www.nordicware.com/b2c/product_details.cfm?prodid=462&prod_master_cat=4&prod_cat=18

Slap some fondant over the top. make a gum paste jumbotron with an edible image of a scene of the team playing etc...

you can be done in a couple of hours.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:38am
post #5 of 10

txkat, that is awesome!

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:43am
post #6 of 10

txkat, that is such a cool find and a great idea!! a few questions though, what size sheet does that fit on?

you fondant on top of the stadium pan cake?

where do you put a jumbo tron?

sooooo great!

snarkybaker Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:05am
post #7 of 10

You can fondant the top of the sheet ( I do) or use your grass-tip, but for me, that takes too much time. I use an 18X13 restaurant half sheet, and place the cake off to one side. I put the jumbotron at on end of the stadium ( I mount it up on wooden skewers that I paint silver. I put little dots one next to the other in the seating areas, and outside the stadium, I put little paths leading to the stadium and some fans headed to the stadium ( they are figurines)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dept-56-BEFORE-THE-BIG-GAME-New-In-Box_W0QQitemZ6236732761QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

When I am feeling ambitious, I make a little "old well" out of a cupcake with some short wilton pillars on the other side of the sheet.

It's a great looking cake, and easy peasy to do.

satgirlga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satgirlga Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 10

txkat, how many does that serve?

snarkybaker Posted 15 May 2007 , 4:30pm
post #9 of 10

When I make a shaped cake, I always allow about 15% extra for people who don't know how to cut cake, so the Stadium serves about 14-16 ( it's about the size of a large bundt pan. The double 1/2 sheet below feeds 30-50

I charge for 60 servings, but it probably feeds more than that.

Helpmewithmycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helpmewithmycake Posted 20 Jan 2017 , 6:31pm
post #10 of 10

Is anyone trying to replicate this years venue, nrg stadium?  I am hosting my first super bowl and want to impress. Somewhat new to baking - any help is much appreciated! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%